collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Tickletimetcgofyyc

Dot Guests: 160 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12365
  • stats Total Posts: 123388
  • stats Total Topics: 16949
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 743

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Google Earth? New Format?  (Read 1185 times)

Offline kosoca

• Province/State: Cariboo, BC
  • Kudos: 12
Re: Google Earth? New Format?
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 11:01:39 PM »
It sucks period.I tried Kosocas  method of air photoes.Worked great the first time.I got maps of claims with claim numbers.I even printed the instructions.Will not work a second time.If I turned out crap like this I would be fired on the spot.Luck Mcbain.

Not sure.   <-dont~know->  Still works good here.  Might have to scroll through the years as some areas don't have aerial photos for particular years.  And the photo icons over the red flight paths don't show up until you're closer than 16 miles or so.

Offline DanHurd

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Peachlaqnd, B.C.
  • Kudos: 26
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2017, 07:28:37 AM »
Got the file, looks like it works, I'll upload it to a permanent server and post a link.

Offline DanHurd

• PPT Invited
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2017, 07:43:58 AM »
For some reason this forum will not let me put a web link in, I'll have to work on it tonight when I get home.

Offline kosoca

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2017, 03:13:10 PM »
Eh, since it works, i'll just post the download link here.  I've used tinyupload a lot over the years and it has proved to be a reliable file server.  It remains on the server at least 100 days after the last download.  Maybe post it on yours as well in case someone comes by this post in a couple years time and the link expires.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=37315758099936746056

Offline ERA

• Province/State: BC/Nova Scotia
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2017, 04:44:06 PM »
This is great i have been looking for this information for a while! The link works great, thank you!!!  <-yahoo_>

Offline rontut

• Province/State: Campbell River
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 06:12:23 PM »
Thank You, so very much sure did miss this feature

Offline DanHurd

• PPT Invited
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 06:39:57 PM »
The file is on my server, but every time I try to post a link to it, the URL changes from what it is supposed to be to "Google.ca"  Though I tried as a test to post your link again, and that works.  There must be a problem posting things from my server. 

At least you got the file out there.  and in the future if anyone needs the file and the link other link is dead, just email me and I'll give you the link.

Dan

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 58
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 07:19:50 PM »
Hi.KosocaI tried your tinyupload.Works great for placer but can not get it to work for mineral.I can get maps with claim outlines but thatis it.Any ideas.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline DanHurd

• PPT Invited
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 09:37:53 PM »
I have managed to recreate the mineral claims by modifying the internal code of the KMZ file of placer claims.  It took some trial and error to find out what the ministry of mines file was called on their server, but I got it in the end.  So now we have both the placer and the mineral working, but I still need to figure out why the forum will not let me put a link into a post.

Any Ideas from the moderators?  I would love to share this for everyone.  I'm going to put the link below, but I know when I hit the post button it will change from the correct URL to a "Google" URL.

http://google.ca/claims/Mineral%20Claims.kmz

Dan

Offline kosoca

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2017, 11:41:03 PM »
 Mineral never really interested me, so I never did pull out the mineral tenures folder, only the placer, though that's awesome Dan that you hacked ;) it to enable the mineral counterpart.  :)

Can you put your server links in some sorta bracket or quotes to keep the board from changing it to a live link?   Then people could just copy/paste the link into the address bar.