collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Hi Lo Silverfishboy3@telus.netBCGQCPatver

Dot Guests: 141 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12341
  • stats Total Posts: 122902
  • stats Total Topics: 16883
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 743

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Google Earth? New Format?  (Read 1042 times)

Offline mentalcoincoin

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: B.C.
  • Kudos: 17
  • Tip Of The $pear
Google Earth? New Format?
« on: February 16, 2017, 09:19:34 AM »
 mad@!# mad@!#Is it my computer or did goog earth change its format. I have been for quite awhile seeing a new format for mineral& placer claims <-frustrated-> thats not half as friendly as the one I use to see <~ShOcK~>. Color change/no click up for seeing ownership or expiry dates. I never no ,if it's just a glitch happening on my computer,that is why I ask.

Offline geezir

• Kudos: 12
Re: Google Earth? New Format?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 11:07:52 AM »
mad@!# mad@!#Is it my computer or did goog earth change its format. I have been for quite awhile seeing a new format for mineral& placer claims <-frustrated-> thats not half as friendly as the one I use to see <~ShOcK~>. Color change/no click up for seeing ownership or expiry dates. I never no ,if it's just a glitch happening on my computer,that is why I ask.
You are using the BC web server data in Google.
That problem is cause by the BC Web server here in BC. They had a system that worked so they changed it.
They changed the polygons from purple with a black border to a pink hatch with a pink border (check out imap)
Google only produces sold colour background  with a color border polygons so because the BC is pink on pink it's one big pink blob. If they changed the border to back or any other colour one could see the claims.
Bring up the BC Mineral Titles Grid and that will outline cells but not multi-cell claims
The pink is Google with MT grid on below is iMap where the multi-cell claim borders show up.
The lines in Google are wavy because 3D terrain is on. If you wish to trace the grid lines to draw claims turn terrain off and the line go 2D straight.

Offline kosoca

• Province/State: Cariboo, BC
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 11:35:48 AM »
I'm not sure, I havn't had any real changes to google earth/mto in the last couple years.  Mine still show up the same with the pink dots that pop up owner info/expiry dates, claims look the same.  Still show current details.

Untitled.jpg

Online Hi Lo Silver

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Calgary
  • Kudos: 21
  • '84 CJ7 owned since '85
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 02:25:07 PM »
Kosoca, have you checked lately by chance. That screen you show with all the details disappeared of my google earth too.  That use to be an awesome feature. That overlay index on your picture has changed on mine, but used to look just like that.
Wood Pecker by Trade but wouldn't trade my wood pecker.
Prospecting....I dig it.

Offline geezir

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 03:12:01 PM »
I'm not sure, I havn't had any real changes to google earth/mto in the last couple years.  Mine still show up the same with the pink dots that pop up owner info/expiry dates, claims look the same.  Still show current details.
I had a set from Front Counter (Maybe) or somewhere that worked like that some time after my  DataBC set had expired.  Consisted of ARIS, NOW, and Tenures.  But I lost it and the new set from DataBC is hopeless.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 54
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 05:55:01 PM »
Hi.Guys I lost mine 2 weeks ago.Worked fine in the morning but lost it a couple hours later.The old format was great and that is probably some enterprizing fool changed it for the BETTER?Bet the folks at mto are pulling their hair out,Because they cannot use it either.I played for a good 6 hours and did get a map up showing claims with claim numbers.But no info.I have not been able to repeat the process.Used to check WMS and things worked.Not any more ,comes up as not available at this time.Like every thing else not available at this time.Wanna bet the goof got a raise.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline DanHurd

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Peachlaqnd, B.C.
  • Kudos: 26
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 06:22:41 PM »
Kosoca, if yours is still working, it might be because it looks like you pulled your placer data out of the BCdata bundle, and when they changed the bundle you might have kept the old.  If yours is still working, can you right click on the "Placer Tenure" category in your "places" and then "save place as".  if you can save it as a KMZ file, we might be able to share a working copy of it.  If you email it to me, I will test it and if it works, I'll upload a copy to somewhere were we can all access it.

Offline kosoca

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 06:48:38 PM »
Sure, ill look at grabbing that later tonite.  I have 2 computers with google earth working like that.   That pic was taken just before I typed my message, see the date on that popup. 

On the plus side, I did notice the BCGov Airphoto Viewer .kml got an update recently too, seems more polished than before.
http://geobc.gov.bc.ca/base-mapping/imagery/airphoto-viewer.html
Highly recommend if anybody doesn't have it to see old pics that might be crappy rez or clouds in the way.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 54
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 08:28:33 PM »
It sucks period.I tried Kosocas  method of air photoes.Worked great the first time.I got maps of claims with claim numbers.I even printed the instructions.Will not work a second time.If I turned out crap like this I would be fired on the spot.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline kosoca

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 10:55:24 PM »
PM sent, Dan.  Post the link if it tests good on your system.

You're right.  I still have the full mining and petroleum place and when I turned on the placer tenures inside that I got your guys' pink blobs and orange boxes.  :P  I pulled a copy of that folder out a long time ago 'cause GE always annoyingly zoomed way out when I clicked it on the full WMS package.  The folder I pulled out still works well.  Neato.

Well, hopefully it should work well for the rest of you guys too.  Good luck!