collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Hi Lo Silverfishboy3@telus.netBCGQCPatver

Dot Guests: 141 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12341
  • stats Total Posts: 122902
  • stats Total Topics: 16883
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 743

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Tony Beets  (Read 585 times)

Offline gold one

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: I Follow the dream
  • Kudos: 21
Tony Beets
« on: January 24, 2017, 04:17:45 PM »
I read all I can find on this guy. It seems either you like him or hate him...
  http://www.miningandenergy.ca/rockstars/article/for_tony_beets_nothing_beats_success/

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 54
Re: Tony Beets
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 08:32:58 PM »
Hi.Goldone I watch very little reality crap.From what I can gather Tony beets may have got a start and may even have made some mining before he got a Discovery channel.Discovery is his gold mine.From the little I have watched.I have never seen Tony get his hands dirty.He is the most vulgarman and treats his family like dog shit.Still never seen Tony use a shovel or a pan.Soapy Smith comes to mind every time I see that has been hippy.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline gold one

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: I Follow the dream
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 09:26:19 PM »
I was surprised they fixed up that tug boat , only to realize that its top end heavy. What a waste of money. ..then there barge was too big to fit under the bridge. ..duh.
 But, I look forward to watching the show for some reason.

Offline pascalfortier

• Kudos: 10
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 06:30:46 AM »
Here some facts for the article  Dredges are free, they are pile of scrap metal that comes with the claim. Discovery paid 1 million dollars to Tony for the show. Tons of gold bucket lines dredges are in use in Russia and Asia.
Tony is the Manager for Tamarack but he has his own stuff and dredge project. He's the one that had the idea and balls for the rebuilding the dredge.
The Beets are a good family and most get along. Tony drives like a madman but I am no angel. Every guy that hasnt seen a woman or a drink in 1-2 weeks drive the same.

Online Hi Lo Silver

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Calgary
  • '84 CJ7 owned since '85
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 06:59:24 AM »
Hi.Goldone I watch very little reality crap.From what I can gather Tony beets may have got a start and may even have made some mining before he got a Discovery channel.Discovery is his gold mine.From the little I have watched.I have never seen Tony get his hands dirty.He is the most vulgarman and treats his family like dog shit.Still never seen Tony use a shovel or a pan.Soapy Smith comes to mind every time I see that has been hippy.Luck Mcbain.

You said you watch very little reality crap but did you take the time to open that link and read the story?  As far as getting his hands dirty, I guess you missed seeing him with sledge hammers, welders, and operating some of the heavy equipment in a number of the episodes but with that said, you don't build up and manage a company just to stick around and do all the labor work for the television series.  I think he's at the stage where he's done his time in the field and it's now time to manage the operation. 

How can you possibly tell from the show that he's vulgar, as they constantly leave out sections of the subtitles for some reason and an annoying piece of heavy equipment keeps beeping while they're trying to record him while he's talking?   <-laugh->
Wood Pecker by Trade but wouldn't trade my wood pecker.
Prospecting....I dig it.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 54
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 07:03:01 PM »
Hey Silver.You made some points.But try that abuse and language in B.C.  TV show or not  you are up on some pretty ugly charges.Just saying.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline AuTiger

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 5
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 06:30:15 AM »
I Enjoy watching Tony and His Family, However, You don't get the Real Story when the Hollywood Mentality sets in! I think Tony's a pretty Shrewd Businessman behind the Scenes!