collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

CademusgrLucas

Dot Guests: 147 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12420
  • stats Total Posts: 123130
  • stats Total Topics: 17024
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Dredging bedrock  (Read 575 times)

Offline 1829digger

• Province/State: bc
  • Kudos: 9
Dredging bedrock
« on: January 08, 2017, 05:24:49 PM »
Has anyone ever gotten a permit to dredge a "true bedrock creek?"  Buddy of mine says he knows a few guys who do it.  But never can say if theyve gotten permit  todo so.   How big of hoops must you jump through. Just a thought. 

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 64
Re: Dredging bedrock
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 06:04:38 PM »
Hi Joe.Not sure about the hoops and all that is involved but yes folks do get permits.Princton and the island are 2 areas that I know of.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline Kootenay Gold

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 5
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 10:23:08 AM »
In 1993 or4 myself and a friend started the "GOLD DREDGERS ASSOCIATION OF BC".  NOT MUCH INTEREST AY THAT TIME, PERHAPS IT WOULD BE TIMELY NOW TO REFORM AND SEE IF WE CAN GET SOME PRESSURES ON THE GOV TO SEE THAT PROPER DREDGING CAN ENHANCE FISH POPULATIONS BY CREATING EXCELLENT SPAWNING GRAVELS FOR THE FISH.
Yes I have had several dredging permits, changed "dredging " to "enhanced underwater sniping" to help get rid of the attitudes towards the big dredges and the mess some made.
I begged the powers to come and study what I did, but gov is more comfortable thinking the worst of this mining method.

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Ontario, but also prospect in BC
  • Kudos: 29
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 11:01:28 AM »
Here is what I understand: BC will allow limited and restricted dredging in specific bedrock canyons, with many rules.  The permitting is intense.  For those that dredge without the necessary permits, there are eyes in the sky and it is fairly easy for a fellow in a plane or a drone to spot.  You will be having a bad day if caught as they will make an example out of you.  Years ago, I picked up a claim that I thought would be perfect to dredge, as I had heard they were considering allowing it.  I let the claim slide when I saw the restrictions. 
See my YouTube channel for fun amateur video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnz8kX6AZOeZbRt0F9XqVJA

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 64
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 08:26:22 PM »
Hi.KG.It would be great but how do convince foloks that can not think beyond their pay check and pension.Places down south are getting tight and of course BC  will follow.They can only read the back cover of a book and have no interest in learning anything.I have worked with fisheries biologists that had me take a excavator in creeks and stir up the gravel to enhance spawning.The results were great but sad to say these results are ignored by ottawa becuase nobody can read.I was digging a high gravel bar this summer.I dug a hole about 2ft round and 12 inches deep.It had some ground water.Next day it had fish fry.We caught the fry and released them in a side channel.This went on for days and I was not sure where the fry were coming from.Then it dawned on me.This was a old spawning bed that was full of eggs but had nowater to hatch the eggs.I kept my mouth shut and worked that ground real carefull.I figure ireleased close to 3000 fry back into a dead river.All the time using a 2 inch nozzle.I did not say that .LLuck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.