collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

pascalfortier

Dot Guests: 129 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12388
  • stats Total Posts: 124059
  • stats Total Topics: 17053
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Hard to get a claim now adays  (Read 2614 times)

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Calgary
  • Kudos: 24
  • '84 CJ7 owned since '85
Re: Hard to get a claim now adays
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2017, 10:05:05 AM »
If I'm correct, for now it only effects or will effect those that submit a NOW for mechanical work. They continue to fight to keep highbanker work out of the new fees for water usage. So if the flippers are still just buying and selling claims without submitting a NOW they'll still be able to do what they do best. 
Wood Pecker by Trade but wouldn't trade my wood pecker.
Prospecting....I dig it.

Offline ryanonthevedder

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Chilliwack
  • Kudos: 17
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2017, 02:59:57 PM »
I still have 3 years to go on my NOW so I'm sure it will be well sorted out on the water front.

The new regs might cause a bit of turn over though and shake out the weak hands. There is always turnover though; no matter where you go. My claim was owned by three different free miners before I got a hold of it. A lot of the time it can be folks with golden dreams that get side lined and loose interest.

Gas and time add up pretty quick and if you are just panning then Hope and Yale start to look pretty good IMO. If you want to get bigger then you need a claim. Good claims take time to find and develop.

Offline liquidsteel

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Kelowna
  • Kudos: 6
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2017, 06:17:58 PM »
They gave another year to get it sorted however, you still have to apply for a water license for mechanical mining if you are moving more than 2000m3 dirt per year.  You will need a water license for any kind of water usage , gravity feed, ground water, from the pump ect. This is due to the new water act a year ago.

You pay $500 application fee that is non-refundable. Then you pay an extra $250 if you have to cross crown land or run lengths of hose. Then you pay a yearly rental fee which is a minimum of $200.

I just got my new NOW approved and nothing was needed.  It is back to  what it was 2 years ago with my old NOW.  I even asked the permitting department and mines inspector.  I do know you need a water permit if you are sucking from the creek or making a water diversion ditch like farmers do for there fields.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 59
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2017, 07:16:56 PM »
No matter how you slice it,the goverment is bound and determined to rape the little guys with cash grabs.Companies like Nestle still export water at a trillion liters per year for a grand total of 3.00 dollars a year .Less than yo pay for 1 bottle. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 07:30:49 PM »
Hmmmm.Do not want to see this happen but it could.All minors become weekend warriors.Watch a episode ofGold rush.Rush out and buy a highbanker and a pump,Go mining and claim jumping where ever you like.No fees,No permits no nothing steal what ever you can.They do it already and yet the only folks being penalized are the honest minors.Like every thing else in Canada nobody polices the thieves.Just saying.Luck Mcbain.

Offline liquidsteel

• PPT Invited
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2017, 08:00:30 PM »

I just got my new NOW approved and nothing was needed.  It is back to  what it was 2 years ago with my old NOW.  I even asked the permitting department and mines inspector.  I do know you need a water permit if you are sucking from the creek or making a water diversion ditch like farmers do for there fields.

... and nothing was needed.

But the laws are still on the books and it's up to each miner to have their permits. A Mining Permit does not exempt you. Get it in writing from each government department that you are exempt by getting your permit for no permit.....  or

they just may use their backup plan ... shut you down at anytime for no permit.

WATER USE PERMIT
ENVIORNMENTAL WASTE PERMIT
MINES PERMIT
FREE USE PERMIT
etc... ect.. etc...     <-yes_>    ^#!

Like I said before read what a "water use permit" is for. Sucking from a stream, or diverting a stream.  This is different from what they were trying to impliment. Nothing is needed for recirculation. They wanted to put that rule in with the new water sustainability act last year but now it is exempt until the end of 2017. We have had 2 visits from inspectors this summer out at out site and no write ups or complaints from either veteran inspector. Sounds like you are getting misinformed about the situation from someone...

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2017, 06:19:59 PM »
Hi.Crew cut.Seems to me that it is open to the inspectors Interpatation .A friend of mine is pulling ground water from what he considers a well.He is still required to have all water permits in place.Seems to me it is just like a traffic cop that writes tickets for shit he dreams up and hopes he pulls it off.Back in the 70s I worked with a few guys in the MOF that thought it was funny to try and screw loggers anyway they could by bending the rules.That is why I tend to ignore these guys till it is law set in stone.Luck Mcbain.

Offline rexhavoc

• Kudos: 7
  • Somewhere in deepest, darkest Cariboo...
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2017, 09:38:25 PM »
It's like that wherever government inspection is involved. Built my own house, and no two inspectors would complain about the same thing. "oh, THATS fine, but THIS will never do!"
 ^#!

Offline liquidsteel

• PPT Invited
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2017, 11:12:27 AM »
Hi mcbain   <-wave->

Yeah,  that's what peeves me. It's open to interpretation. The guys in government get paid the big bucks to come up with the laws and to get it together, which they don't or won't.

Then it's left up to us guys when one after another law conflicts with each other, and then we're left to try and figure all the different acts, regulations , rules and guidelines out.

Maybe if there was less government it would be a simpler job to codify  <-good_>  where us miners stand legally, instead of a, he said, she said thing.  The way it stands now it is as clear as mud.

Let me put it this way. If you get charged with an offence from one government department, do you actually think another department is going to go to bat for you and say I told him it was ok do that. Not a chance! They will say it was up to you to obtain the right permits. Get your exemptions in writing.  <-yes_>

Straight from my permit
 For  the  2016  calendar  year,  a  person  who  holds  a  permit  under  section  10  of  the  Mines  Act  to  carry  out  placer mining  activities  or  mineral  exploration  activities  is  exempt  from  the  requirement  to  obtain  a  water  licence  or use  approval, subject  to  certain  environmental protection  and  other  requirements.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2017, 06:37:56 PM »
Hi.L.S.thats why I tend to ignore things until etched in stone.Sometimes we tend to panick when somebody has a run in with a over zealous official.This happened to a fellow minor a while back.He is a avid hunter besides being a prospector.He was camped on his claim and having a few beers after a hard days work.A C.O. pulled up and checked them out in the campsite.He demanded that they pour out the beer.Asked why ? his reply was you might go hunting.You get the drift.This is a prime example of a govt. employee over stepping his  job and making his own rules.Myself I would have made him call in the RCMP.This guy did not instead he bowed down to this snaught nosed punk and made him that much more power full at using scare tactics on inocent  taxpayers.Luck Mcbain.