collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 106 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12366
  • stats Total Posts: 123418
  • stats Total Topics: 16954
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 743

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Chilliwack river  (Read 442 times)

Offline -PeterPan-

• Province/State: Bc
  • Kudos: 0
Chilliwack river
« on: January 01, 2017, 07:55:27 PM »
Hi guys. So I received a panning kit for Christmas that also had 1lb of paydirt. My first time panning and I found 1g of gold. So just the other day I decided to go try the chilliwack river. My first pan was a bust but I moved upstream to an outside corner and my second pan had 5 colours in it very small but it's gold. As soon as the weather gets better I'm going up to hope. Maybe try silver creek.  I just registered for my bceid so I'm not quite a miner yet. My wife is scared as she says I have the fever lol. Does anyone know the cost of a claim on the fraser or Thompson as I can't access the mto yet. IMG_9159.JPG Thanks guys and cheers to 2017.

Offline Formwork

• Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 1
Re: Chilliwack river
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 08:33:02 PM »
Try a few pans on an inside corner that's where the gold tends to drop.

😉

Offline 1829digger

• Province/State: bc
  • Kudos: 8
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 06:06:00 AM »
Just type fraser or Thompson river gold claim for sale... might not like the results you see. But if your fever is really bad and  you got the money. There ya go...  yup your wife has a reason Tobe  worried. Lol  good luck

Offline Top Cat

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Langley BC
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 06:37:33 AM »
 <-wave-> and welcome to the forum

I would get a little more experience under your belt first > ask permission  to pan from someone that already has a claim.

Your wife is right, when the Fever gets hold of you that's when you go nuts and buy all kinds of expensive equipment and spend Mega Bucks on a claim from a "Flipper"

Go ahead and buy all equipment so I can buy it off you cheap down the road  lol!!!@*

Seriously stick to the basics for now !!! Good Luck !! [<-panning->]

Offline kootenayprospect

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Okanagan bc
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 07:27:03 AM »
I have  claim just south of Lytton that you are welcome to go pan. Send me a pm and I will give you details.

Offline ryanonthevedder

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Chilliwack
  • Kudos: 17
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 10:13:35 AM »
Wow, that better than I ever did on the Vedder and even the Fraser locally. I had a pretty good spot up in Hope that paid pretty well and you dont need a claim to pan there.... Yale is also a prime spot to hit up, but I bet it gets hit pretty hard due to its proximity to the city. Dont let that spot you though; its a big bar!

Once the fever is well entrenched and you are really good at (and sick of) panning then start looking for a good claim. There is always turnover in good areas. You just need to spend the time waiting and watching.

Offline -PeterPan-

• Province/State: Bc
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 10:24:45 AM »
Well thanks a lot guys. Lots of info and ideas. Cheers

Offline 1829digger

• Province/State: bc
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 01:26:54 PM »
I'm sick of this frozen junk. I like my water wet!!!

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Ontario, but also prospect in BC
  • Kudos: 29
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 02:40:33 PM »
Smart wife - Take the money you were going to spend on a claim and buy her something nice.  win-win.  Unless of course she was the one who bought you a gold pan and pay dirt, giving you the gold fever.  LOL

Actually, welcome to the hobby.  Best advice is explore, look around and pan lots before considering acquiring a claim.  At the same time, learn the MTO system to see how things are going in the area that you are interested   It of course helps to have fast fingers at 10AM if something forfeits.  Try not to buy a claim for recreational mining - it can be expensive and disappointing.  The nice thing about having a claim is you have somewhere to go and can use a high banker. 
See my YouTube channel for fun amateur video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnz8kX6AZOeZbRt0F9XqVJA