collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 142 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12467
  • stats Total Posts: 123623
  • stats Total Topics: 17091
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: GoldBug 2  (Read 1203 times)

Offline kootenayprospect

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Okanagan bc
  • Kudos: 3
GoldBug 2
« on: December 22, 2016, 07:53:33 AM »
Just ordered myself a Goldbug 2 with the 6.5 and 10 inch coils. Pretty stoked. Never used a detector before but really looking forward to it. Ive wanted a goldbug for years. I was out at a friends claim on Palmers Bar a few years back and he had a goldbug 2 and he pulled a couple nuggets out in front of me. Since then Ive always wanted one. I have a claim with very course gold, only problem is there is no water around. We were having to hike buckets of dirt 500m to pan in a little spring coming from the ground.  Hoping to be able to just scan the walls and the false bedrock layer now saving me a lot of humping dirt.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 71
Re: GoldBug 2
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 06:55:21 PM »
Good for you.One thing about a detector is it do not lie.Whether it is gold or trash there is something there.Very easy to pack a water bottle for washing objects.Happy hunting .Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline scar420

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 10:14:26 PM »
Great detector. I have found plenty of nuggets with my GB2, its an excellent machine for all sizes of gold. Be sure to use a set of headphones and learn the sound of gold tho. Headphones are most important with this machine. Manual ground balance is easy to do, just be sure to stay on top of it as you move along it will make life a lot easier. No need to run max sensitivity, I run at about 7 on sensitivity and max volume, running on max sensitivity all the time will just wear it out quicker and it will pick up more hot rocks. I still find fly poop with it at 7.

Offline 3 N1 Productions

• Province/State: Washington
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 01:01:00 AM »
That's a pretty cool detector how does it rate against the gold-bug one ( m scope )?

Offline deadwood

• DEADWOOD
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Leduc County
  • Kudos: 33
  • DEADWOOD
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 11:33:28 AM »
I have a GB2 and have used buddys older fisher.While they both have their good points.Can't beat the GB2 in my view.I also run at 7 with head phones,I also have found more than enough to pay the detector off and more.But with that said most nuggets found were under tailings that I worked very hard to remove first,The amount of work it takes to go thru old tailings is incredible.While it can be very rewarding,it can also be very discouraging.This is why most old tailings are still there,that and due to their size.If you do remove tailings and do find something ,make sure to set up a highbanker and run material under that pile.One of my largest finds was found this way.Good Luck and keep that coil close to the ground,slow and steady.Also it works well finding silver ore in those types of area's.It will surprise you how small the poop it can detect.
DEADWOOD

Offline 3 N1 Productions

• Province/State: Washington
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 08:12:50 PM »
Cool thanks DeadWood