collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

SDHillbilly

Dot Guests: 167 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12501
  • stats Total Posts: 124043
  • stats Total Topics: 17146
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Yes they do dredge the fraser river  (Read 1113 times)

Offline gold one

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: I Follow the dream
  • Kudos: 25
Yes they do dredge the fraser river
« on: November 14, 2016, 04:20:51 AM »
Millions of tons dredged on fraser river yearly.  Hmmm big guys can...not little guys ?

"Vancouver spends $15 million a year to dredge the river to its current depth of 11.5 metres, and recoups around $10 million by selling the sand to cement makers."

https://www.biv.com/article/2014/4/plan-for-deeper-dredging-in-fraser-river-could-hav/

Offline geezir

• Kudos: 24
Re: Yes they do dredge the fraser river
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 11:59:31 AM »
Millions of tons dredged on fraser river yearly.  Hmmm big guys can...not little guys ?
  "Vancouver spends $15 million a year to dredge the river to its current depth of 11.5 metres, and recoups around $10 million by selling the sand to cement makers."
The largest part of Federal money on dredging is the $30m in the St. Lawrence Seaway between Montreal and Isle-aux-Coudres and that is just part of the "Seaway" project.   https://www.groupocean.com/en/news/view/17

Waterways Management maintain the depth of the St. Lawrence River, the St. Clair and Detroit Rivers, the Fraser River and the  Mackenzie River.
And if every placer-miner moved  all their material by dredging that would be less than any of those contracts.
On the Mississippi in 2015 alone over 20,000,000 cubic yards removed.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 72
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 07:59:46 PM »
Hey goldone. the fraser is not dredged enough.There should be a thousand working between the coast and Yale.Clean it out.The sea leval is rising daily.Any body that thinks they can build massive developements on the marsh lands and save them from flooding and high tides smoked too much pot while writing their own degree.Mr.Church being one of them.Were do we find these goofs?And evey body believes these self appointed people.The Fraser is going to drown them and all the degrees in the world will not help Stupididy.Learned that in Mcbains school of common sence and what happens in front of my eyes.I do not have a Degree in Stupididy so will join you on  the wave.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline upnorth

• Province/State: yukon
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 02:31:00 PM »
if they would let us use a little dredge on fraser claims I would buy a 3 inch dredge  and a claim asap

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 06:14:03 PM »
Hi.Upnorth.Welcome to the site.takes to posts to become a full member.Luck Mcbain.

Offline 81busa

• 50/50
  • Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 07:28:00 AM »
I have hauled dumpster bins to ecowaste in Richmond. The dredging is pumped to a place on the landfills property. Quite the process. They are currently prepping the ground on the south side for new jet fuel holding tanks.
It's ok my angel is the Rocketeer.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 08:36:56 PM »
That is scary.Pump  all that silt on top of a peat bog and the sea level is coming up.Disastour.Just my opinion.Mcbain.

Offline garryk50

• Kudos: 2
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 10:50:39 AM »
According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric  Administration, the ocean is currently rising at a rate of 1/8 inch per year. It may be a good idea to use some of that dredged material to build dykes after running it through a sluice first of course.