collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

mcbain

Dot Guests: 130 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12956
  • stats Total Posts: 129925
  • stats Total Topics: 18173
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: permanent land closues due to cariboo??  (Read 284 times)

Offline nite hawk

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 10
permanent land closues due to cariboo??
« on: April 09, 2019, 11:39:29 PM »
Rumors are flying fast and furious that there will be permanent back woods closured due to proposed caribou habitat..
Permanent closures meaning NO logging etc.. Or at least that is the rumors that are flying around..
Anyone know the truth of the rumors?? I do  know that I encountered a map that shows like 2/3 of B.C  effected..
 The link to the map is ---
https://engage.gov.bc.ca/app/uploads/sites/373/2019/03/Mtn-Caribou-Proposal-Overview-Letter-SMC-LPUs-and-Herds-w-Sect-11-LANDSCAPE.pdf
 Cant seem to upload a picture of the map --sorry-- tried to jiggle the format, but still having problems..

Offline nite hawk

• PPT Invited
Re: permanent land closues due to cariboo??
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 11:42:36 PM »
The map seems to have uploaded...
sorry it is a screenshot.. that was the best my skills would do...

Online mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 130
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 08:43:05 PM »
i find the whole topic interesting to the point it makes me sick.The powers that be want to blame everthing on Mining and logging.Yes the caribou are disapearing along with many other things.Land closures are the only cure brain dead folks can come up with.Do not forget Climate change.that being said animals will adapt to that.Lets look at the real problem.
#1 who has the right to shoot any thing 12 months of the year.
#2Wolfs and grizzleys are out of control and are hungry.
# 3Every body hates to see a logged area.But what about the thousands of hectares cleared  to the mountain top to provide a ski run for all too play in the sun and build humongus homes were the caribou roamed.Not a thing wrong with that :'( :'( :'( :'(
#4Think about that before you shut down a simple minor or even a logger.He has done nothing too make the caribou die.Only fools can believe thier own lies.Yea another set of rules by brain dead fools.Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline nite hawk

• PPT Invited
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 10:45:33 PM »
I am wondering if it is not the Y2Y sierra club agenda towards removing people from the y2y corridor and having their little "playground" for the rich from Wyoming to Yukon which they have been working towards for years.. Look at the maps.. The environmentalists have already closed mining in some eastern areas of B.C.
Something that may be of interest is the  BIG money that has been poured into the "tides Canada" environmental group foundation, that has been  anti-logging, anti-oil sands, anti-industry....
There is  an article in the National Post -
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/tides-have-turned-a-left-wing-u-s-charitys-plan-for-change-in-b-c
 It is scary and makes one angry at what they want to accomplish with social engineering and environmental changes, and they have incredible money and power,  and they are involved in politics too..
I don't think anyone is against conservation--it is the extremism that is out there that people don't like..
I was told the other day that the Horsefly area has now gone from " an important watershed" and it is going to be designated a "sensitive watershed" with the quantifications to come down in the future.. They are saying it is sooo important for "endangered salmon". Because of the upcoming designation, the logging companies have pulled out all stops and are doing  (according to gossip and we know how reliable that is !LOL) like 20 years of logging in the next year.. Don't know how that is possible, but the trucks are really rolling..
I have nothing against conservation, but there is a very good reason that the salmon returns are going down--besides the over fishing on the coast---The soil itself is NOT conducive to raising salmon here.. A fish biologist once told us that salmon may survive in a high iron content soil area,  but they do NOT thrive.. It does not bother trout.. Well Horsefly had a very high iron content in a lot of the soil..
         Anyways concerning the possibility of closing the back country permanently , it may get real political if the government both provincial and Federal ( I hear both are involved in this stuff ) try to shut the back country down permanently, as according to the maps they are looking at like 2/3 of the province, not just the colored areas on the map...
Anyone out there know more about this issue?? It would be nice to hear facts and not gossip..

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Ontario, but also prospect in BC
  • Kudos: 35
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 12:40:27 PM »
I wonder how much tax money subsidizes the "study".  I am sure the proposal is based on pure science rather than some other agenda (not). 
See my YouTube channel for fun amateur video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnz8kX6AZOeZbRt0F9XqVJA

Online mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 07:56:25 PM »
Hi.Guys .it.took years to figure  this out but I did as a puke goverment employee.Why do USA outfits such as the seirra club make Law in Canada.Real simple.they buy it.Do not think for a moment that our esteemed preimere was not bought of.Who in thier right mind would bow down to professional protesters with out being paid.All the protesting is being done by paid protestors.Not even the natives know what they are protesting for.But our huge rich friends south of the border sure know what they are paying for.It is all about suppling a play ground for the rich and famous.Lets use the Douglas Lake Ranch as a example.No canadian citizens allowed.I could Rant forever but you should be getting the picture.Luck,Mcbain.

Offline nite hawk

• PPT Invited
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 09:47:04 PM »
The extreme environmentalist jump up and down and scream "habitat".. Well habitat might have something to do with it, but it sure isn't everything!
 I was reading something which I need to research further to see if it is true or not.. This individual was saying that there used to be a caribou herd in Banff, and guess what?? that herd is now extinct , and they had the best Habitat one could have, and they are gone... This individual was also saying that the caribou herd in Jasper ( which also has great habitat, no logging or mining or hunting..) and that herd is supposedly almost extinct---hmmmm I wonder, there sure is a lot of grizzly bears and wolves there...
        There is a petition out there, and what I have heard is for the Peace country they have over 31,000 signatures already, and maybe I just haven't been up on the news, but it doesn't seem to have been well publicized...

Online mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2019, 08:17:52 PM »
Hi.Nite Hawk you are being very diplomatic.Polititions will never face or answer to the truth.They put 30 Elk in CXhilliwack valley.All shot dead in less than a year.They did the same up around Lyttyon all shot dead with in a year.You mentioned the parks prime habitat,Totally protected.Some folks have the right to rape the parks.If they just left it alone for a few years.The critters would come back.But Know.Some folks have the right.Just saying.Luck Mcbain.

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Ontario, but also prospect in BC
  • Kudos: 35
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 09:24:51 AM »
Only comment about that is sometimes leaving it alone is actually less productive for some critters.   A mature landscape holds less large wildlife, because there is little food for them. 
See my YouTube channel for fun amateur video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnz8kX6AZOeZbRt0F9XqVJA

Online mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 07:02:35 PM »
Have to agree with you on that point.The only things that can survive in old growth is mostly rodents and insect eaters.Woodpeckers thrive on the bugs in dead and dying forest.The odd bear can survive on the ants and grubs but it takes a lot of ground to feed a 500lb bear.I used to be involved in habitat burning.A quick clean burn in late fall woulkd provide a nice lush green habitat in the spring.Most of the areas that have burned in the last two years will bring a lot of critters back as long as they do not get shot before they have a chance to multiply.Just saying.Luck,Mcbain.