collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

IdahoGoldGettRmike(swWash)Dhodginschekaracanada

Dot Guests: 251 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13016
  • stats Total Posts: 131029
  • stats Total Topics: 18328
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: What's the procedure for a mineral claim owner buying-out a placer claim owner?  (Read 2560 times)

Offline PeachlandJoe

• Kudos: 11
I have 15 contiguous placer claim cells that I live on and actively work for 6 months per year in the Cariboo, BC. BGM owns the mineral claims covering all of my claims, as well as half of the Cariboo region, seemingly!
Given that BGM have their senior geologist on my claim right now as I type, and their survey helicopter is striping my valleys concurrently, it starts to raise alarm bells.
Now, I have invested what most people would consider a small fortune into my placer operation, including the huge leap of living off-grid in the wilderness for 6 months of the year as part of my 'investment'.
Hypothetically, what would likely happen if BGM get the results that their shareholders want whilst investigating my claim, and decide that they want to mine it?
I can tell you now, any sort of 'deal', (if that's what happens (?)), would be classed as hostile, as I have absolutely no intentions of giving up my claim without a fight, to anybody!
Unofficially, I have heard that I would have to prove my claim, as in, economically prove it. If I were to put any monetary value to a 'hostile deal' with the mineral rights owner, I would obviously have to spend money. This sounds loaded to me, as not many placer claim owners can afford to perform the 'standard' testing that could be viably used as an economic indicator of the value of a claim ....... and the big boys know this!
What I can foresee in this hypothetical situation would be a bully-boy tactic to strong-arm me off my claim, using top lawyers and obscure regulations etc., plus my personal inability to raise a couple of million dollars to do testing, and all to achieve results for a few rich shareholders.
Of course, I could be talking out of my posterior on this, as I really do not have a clue as to what the normal process is.
Can anybody help me out?

Offline BC Handyman

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Cranbrook, BC
  • Kudos: 15
maybe I'm wrong, but I thought if you actively working an area(lets say placer) that the mineral owner cant work that same area until your done there, and if you got a permit,  nothing can be done in that area by mineral owner until its reclaimed by you and your done with area.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 138
Hey Joe.I think both the above are right.If they wanted to get to bedrock bad enough.They would have to make a offer to  strip your placer material and stock pile it for you or go in underneath. As long as you hold surface title it is yours.It will never happen but would it not be nice to have all that material in one big pile. ;D ;D.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline gordmanca

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 8
Your getting some real good advice here (IMHO).
In fact I made a post about what Mark said a few month's back. I own a placer claim, where someone else owns the mineral rights, and I'd chip in for gas if he wanted to bring in heavy equipment and look for that elusive vein! I've already planned on where I want my ton's of overburden mound's to go...lol.

And your placer claim is far more environmentally friendly then their strip the mountain bare and stuff your fat greedy corporate face's with riches mineral claim. So introduce them to your new Native Canadian Partners...lol....the native's will keep them tied up in court soooo long, their kid's, kid's, won't be able to dig in the sand box without calling a lawyer.
Happy mining!

Self made Bullionaire.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 138
Hey Gord all good points but the big(C) wins and it is all about money.I do not see the big (C ) have any trouble mining or logging F.N. lands.Money talks and the rest of us walk.
Luck mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline PeachlandJoe

• Kudos: 11
Thanks guys, I feel better already.
I have been to hell (figuratively and literally) and back to get to my current position in life, and now I just want to be at peace with the world and myself in my own little utopia. I suppose that when you have worked so bloody hard for so long that to finally live your dream, paranoia is bound to creep in when you think that things are too good to be true.
I'll get back to my campfire, sup my gin, swig my IPA, and take in the milky way and northern lights as I carelessly wonder what part of my claim I'll attack with a shovel in the morrow.

Offline CGP

• Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 0
Not sure if you did a letter of authorization laying out everything, but that is what I do. It spells out what they can do, first right of refusal on purchase, work assessment for you to use on your renewal etc, how much they pay you for the right to explore etc. If you didn't, you should look into doing that next time.

Offline FranticFilms

• Kudos: 0
Hey Joe,

I'm a development producer for Toronto-based TV company Frantic Films. I have read through your forum posts, and I am incredibly interested in your placer operations.

It would be great to chat with you in more depth about your set-up and see if this is something that could potentially be developed into a series.

Please let me know if we can talk further and I will pass on my personal details to you.

Many thanks,
Adam

Mining Claims
BC Gold