collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 190 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13005
  • stats Total Posts: 130833
  • stats Total Topics: 18306
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Poll

Can sulfide gold ore liberate in a river?

no
0 (0%)
no
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: XRF analysis result of sulfide minerals gold; 2,5 ppm and silver 10 ppm  (Read 1019 times)

Offline quwannar

• Province/State: ISTANBUL
  • Kudos: 1
Dear friends,
Hi all. Below you will find attached doc. about XRF result of a sand tested in a prominent lab. I know that the accuracy of a XRF test is about 80%. But as a starting point,  If we look at results of it in detalied, we concludes that there is a gold potential as a sulfides ore in terms of high iron, zinc, lead and titanium content.  In order to go to the furher field research, Is a such avaliable data enough? the samples I collected in river bed, there is a much  pyrite and mica but I have never seen visible gold in my pan. What should I do?     
Many thank in advance.

Offline Top Cat

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Langley BC
  • Kudos: 26
If you are finding pyrite/mica in the river you are close to gold go further up river and dig deeper.

Good Luck!!!

Offline geezir

• Kudos: 43
Dear friends,
The samples I collected in river bed, there is a much  pyrite and mica but I have never seen visible gold in my pan. What should I do?     

The spectrometer indicates that the sample has mineralization. Some 90% of gold mined is none visible.
Concentrate the heavy sands and pyrites and do a fire assay. That will inform you if gold is locked in the heavies.
If the pyrites contain gold the likely hood of nugget (free) gold diminishes but the probability of a hard rock deposit remains or increases.
For years the concept of orogenic gold deposits was that during plate subduction hot fluids rising created the gold deposits. A recent concept is that during the sea-floor creation of the sedimentary rock the gold in solution formed with the pyrites. During subduction this gold was released from diagenetic  pyrite due to the heat and pressure.

As suggested continue up river until there is no indication of mineral value to rough out the zone.

Offline quwannar

• Province/State: ISTANBUL
  • Kudos: 1
Top Cat  and Geezir.  Thank you so much for your precious considerations.
In order to gradually approach to the main gold lode, I have to go further up to the river. That river is so small (350 ft long)  that It would be easier for me.  Also I found small and round quartz pebble while I was panning last week. Its a good physical sign. I would like to share my field trip as soon as possible If I find free and released gold .       

Gear Pan
Gold Rat