collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 164 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13069
  • stats Total Posts: 131947
  • stats Total Topics: 18431
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Crystalline Limestone /Massive sulphide's  (Read 2078 times)

Offline mentalcoincoin

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: B.C.
  • Kudos: 21
  • Tip Of The $pear
Crystalline Limestone /Massive sulphide's
« on: June 20, 2016, 10:29:08 AM »
It was hard for me to believe that limestone could hold such heavy amounts of sulphide.When I found the historic showings on claim,it was an eye opener.The rock has unbelievable weight! 
20160620094817.jpg 
20160620094558.jpg
Nice silvery gray sulphides(galena?) in the mix(Chalco/bornite/pyrrohotite/pyrite/(gold&silver?)
20160612093611.jpg 
20160620094258.jpg
I use a 300X ubs micro for posting these pics,wish the bigger 4500X had a camera,now thats a view. [^Crazy!#] 
20160620095256.jpg

Offline kcm

• Province/State: NW Minnesota
  • Kudos: 31
Re: Crystalline Limestone /Massive sulphide's
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 05:05:32 PM »
That's a nice-looking sample, for sure!

What kind of USB microscope did you use? Is it a more traditional type device, or does it look like a sort of camera? I ordered one recently that says 20x - 1200x, but that's not even possible. the stand allows too much vibration. What was nice is, it gave nice, clear pics up to about 500x. Has a battery and flip-out screen, and a memory card for taking pics or video.

Unfortunately, am replacing that with a cheaper USB microscope, but one that uses a better stand. ...Still not sure about these devices yet. Trying to get some good shots of some ore sent to me. Will post as soon as there's something "worthy" of posting.

kcm
The life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.

Offline mentalcoincoin

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: B.C.
  • Kudos: 21
  • Tip Of The $pear
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 11:36:58 PM »
I bought this one 3yrs back.  http://tinyurl.com/z53zxe9  it's ok,and does the job I need for its price,it has a light adjustment which I find handy for these usb scopes. I'm no fan of white L.E.D. light!makes silvers blue as well as other colors  represented wrong,because of its bright white light.In most my pic's I have the light adjusted to just being barely on. looking forward to seeing your pic's when your up and running. <-yes_>
20130217150708.jpg
Thought this color design would look good on a motorcycle gas tank.
you can't beat Mother Nature! {-applause-}

Offline kcm

• Province/State: NW Minnesota
  • Kudos: 31
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 12:18:15 AM »
You're so right. Awesome colors!!

I've been playing with some rocks that SD sent me. One of them from his mine sets off the metal detector really strong. However, it's a sulfide ore. Yet there's almost a 3/8" thick (.9525cm) layer of pyrite in the rock. It's all gold and colorful and....MESSY!! Arg! Have some good pics with the regular camera, but waiting for the new microscopes, as this other won't go below 20x. It's just too strong. Would be real nice to take inside a mine, however....if it wasn't so strong.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Y0BE164/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Am replacing it with a slightly less expensive model, but with hopefully better attributes.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DDJAGUS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Should be here late tomorrow.  <-yahoo_> ...But gotta spend the next day in town....ALL day!  ^#!

Man-O-man...LOVE those colors in that last pic!!

kcm
The life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.