collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

poncho

Dot Guests: 156 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12581
  • stats Total Posts: 125026
  • stats Total Topics: 17252
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Alberta Placer Miner License  (Read 2830 times)

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 83
Re: Alberta Placer Miner License
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2016, 06:59:10 PM »
Hi.The way I see it if you are not legal to buy booze you are not taxable and kids can play in the dirt all they want.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline TheForSaken

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2016, 07:54:57 PM »
We view things the same way

Offline MrDave

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Central Alberta
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 07:32:25 PM »
Sorry. Missed this one.
 Yes all involved are supposed to have a license.  However, I have never been ​asked for mine. Kids aren't going to be a problem, as all branches of the government encourage kids to get into the outdoors.
 If you have someone going out with you regularly, it's only $50.

Glad you have the sense to start calling around. I run into so many idiots who don't have a clue. Someone is going to be made an example out of, and it will be expensive. We have people digging into the river bank here at Innisfail, opening up the bridge to erosion.  With the popularity of this waste of money, Alberta Environment is starting to get calls.
 Check out the river closures, as they are serious about protecting the spawning beds.  We only get a short season on most rivers, so get panning early to find a spot.
Happy to have achieved Dirty Old Man status. Finally a goal achieved.

Offline Fraser Raised

• Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2017, 08:54:08 PM »
I wish I had been on the forum earlier. Could have answered these questions for you as I have had my Alberta placer license for a couple years. As for everyone having a license. Just make sure your kid is not holding the shovel when the government agent comes along lol. But seriously it's like the other fella said take the kids out and see if they are really interested. My kids are 6 and 10 and they feed my hog for about 5 minutes then it's off to play in all that clean water lol. The wife sits in her beach chair and shakes her head at me while sipping on a cider lol.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 83
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2017, 07:23:54 PM »
Hi.Fr.The whole thing is stupid and would not hold up in court.How does a 10 yr old purchase a licence to play in the dirt?What if you are just out camping and the kids want to build a sand castle.Do they need a permit?I think there is a gross misinterpation of the law here.If some over zealous tax funded official has a problem.He needs his thought process rearranged.The back side of a shovel will cure his brain cells.If he has any.Most do not.Mcbain is ranting again.Just my opinionLuck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.