collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 236 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12990
  • stats Total Posts: 130581
  • stats Total Topics: 18275
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Concentrator  (Read 3333 times)

Offline lpsumo

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 3
Concentrator
« on: June 04, 2016, 10:20:00 AM »
Threw this together the other day.

Prototype design, learned a few things, next one should be better.

Improvements for the next design:
 - New bucket without gouges
 - No need for a PVC nipple, could just do braided hose all the way into the bucket
 - Smoother sealing between funnel and bucket. Or a coat of spray paint over the whole thing to smooth it out and make the gold more visible
 - A weir or something to prevent fines from getting into my recirc pump
 - Maybe magnets mounted on the outside of the bucket to keep the magnetite separate from the gold?
 - Most importantly, concentrate spiked with a few flakes so I know if the damn thing is working...

Any tips on how high to leave the funnel?
Should I put some riffles across the bottom?

20160603_155358.jpg

Offline gordmanca

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 8
Re: Concentrator
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 11:46:07 AM »
I have never seen riffles in a blue/white bowl before. Heck, give it a try, why not?
Self made Bullionaire.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 134
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 06:23:38 PM »
Hey Les Momma is going to spank you for ruining her angel cake pan.The center cone should go  more than half the depth and should have a very small rim to it.I do believe some one tried riffles or mesh without success.I think any thing in the pan will destroy the spiral action.In the meantime you are on the right tract.You are welcome to borrow my bowl to help you work out the bugs.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline gordmanca

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 8
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 06:59:35 PM »
Hey Les Momma is going to spank you for ruining her angel cake pan.The center cone should go  more than half the depth and should have a very small rim to it.I do believe some one tried riffles or mesh without success.I think any thing in the pan will destroy the spiral action.In the meantime you are on the right tract.You are welcome to borrow my bowl to help you work out the bugs.Luck Mcbain.
Nice offer Mark, way to go. I've thought about magnets with my Blue Bowl too? In theory, if the small neodymium magnets are on the outside only, wouldn't the bowl have  black sand outside, gold in the middle and browns climbing the cone?  If you agitated the magnets, the black sand would move and the micro gold could be washed out by the water flow.
Now all I need is 20 - 1/4" rare earth magnets....lol.
Self made Bullionaire.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 07:34:12 PM »
Hi Gord. never thouht of using magnets with the blue bowl.The biggest thing that makes the bowl effevtive is classifing,screen as fine as you can.Try it but only use one or two magnets and above the bottom of the bowl.remember it is the swirling round and round that makes the bowl work.The whole princible is to move the black sand over the top of the cone.luck Mcbain.

Offline lpsumo

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 09:34:08 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll update when I finish design #2

Mark, thanks for the blue bowl offer, next time I'm out your way I'll take you up on that. End of June maybe?

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 07:36:20 PM »
Hi Less  what you got may work alright.Cut that bucket down to about 5 " high.Get your water level just above your cone.You want it to swirl just a hair above the cone.Like a whirlpool and then decrease a little bit of water flow.Idea is to only wash out the lights and the blacksand.Also classify as fine as possible.Luck Mcbain.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat