collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Hardpan82

Dot Guests: 184 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13003
  • stats Total Posts: 130793
  • stats Total Topics: 18302
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: back to the claim/ water drilling project  (Read 3582 times)

Offline minerjoe90

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: nova scotia
  • Kudos: 0
back to the claim/ water drilling project
« on: May 31, 2016, 03:50:16 PM »
hello all. well were back at the claim site. I have tried to get a permit from NSNR.  WELL!  I e-mailed this guy telling/asking him about water well drilling to get a deep sample. I told him who we were and licence #. I made a point that this would be a clean way of getting samples without doing damage to landscape. I told him I was on granite and was looking at a possible glacial deposit. this was his response:  he looked for my claims but could not find them on his maps  and without knowing were I was he could not tell me if I could do it or not. (water runoff into water courses is always the issue with such work). I should have talked to him before I claimed the area. that he would help me deciding if an area was and good to claim(people like myself often stake claims on there own with little or no direction without first seeking scientific advice thinking secrecy is far more important element to acquiring a claim, I assure you it's not) had I come to him a quick analysis of the area would indicate the entire area consists of granite, granitoid and related igneous rock. this rock has absolutely no chance of hosting any gold. the entire exercise has probably been only good for development of my very interesting drilling methodology. and not for exploration of gold, because there is absolutely no chance that I will ever find any gold whatsoever at whatever site I was exploring.  he said to join the NSPA and get there advice, it would be better than whatever I was getting up to now. he's a very busy guy but will always make time for prospectors, to set up a appointment and I can talk to him there or onsite .(as long as it was not that site) he advises me to try aging.   
   WHAT THE BLEEP,BLEEP, BLEEP. I WAS ASKING ABOUT DRILLING WITH WATER.
minerjoe

Offline kcm

• Province/State: NW Minnesota
  • Kudos: 31
Re: back to the claim/ water drilling project
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 04:02:13 PM »
My apologies, but I'm a little confused. Are you drilling "for" water? Or drilling "using" water (ultra-high pressure)? Or are you drilling a deep hole looking for minerals, but "similar" to the method used in drilling water wells?

kcm
The life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.

Offline minerjoe90

• PPT Invited
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 05:00:14 PM »
yes I'm sorry. some guys know about my project from last fall when I asked people if they ever drilled there own well using a 2inch water pump and 2inch water pipe to drill with. I was wondering if drilling with water would bring up the heavy's from down deep in the hole. there was only one guy from the west coast that tried it and he said it did not work for him. I tried it here at home in my yard and drilled down 4ft. at that depth it worked, so I planed to try it at my claim site this year, but the guy I talked to at NSNR laughed at me telling me I'd never find gold up there on granite and he did not even want to talk about it with me. he figured I only wanted to prove my drilling technique would work and it had nothing to do with mineral exploration.
minerjoe

Offline kcm

• Province/State: NW Minnesota
  • Kudos: 31
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 06:02:14 PM »
You might be able to flush out up to flake-sized gold from a ways down, but gold is gonna be a lot harder to flush up the deeper you go. Another problem is, how do you know how deep down the gold is, providing you can get it up top? Also, how can you have an accurate assessment without knowing you're flushing near-100% to the top?

But I suppose if you're already sitting on granite bedrock, that sorta changes things for ya. In order to get through the granite, you have to use drills and bits meant for hard rock drilling/coring.

kcm
The life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.

Offline minerjoe90

• PPT Invited
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 06:10:00 PM »
well I want to know how deep it is to bedrock. that was the first point, if nothing else it would tell me the depth of bedrock. #2 I figured it would not bring up the heavy material so I wanted to make a sucker pipe to pick up the sample off bedrock. I'm looking for a placer. not looking to do hard rock mining
minerjoe

Offline minerjoe90

• PPT Invited
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 06:26:36 PM »
I do not even know if I can drill through the ground there. after the first two feet it is like digging through concert . it is very hard to dig up, you need to use the pick to get anywhere. I wanted a way to get a sample off bed rock and to know how deep it was to the bedrock. I watched a video of a guy drilling a well using just a water hose. then another using a mud pump. so I wondered if this would work for prospecting? I'm in a valley and can hit bedrock on both sides of the valley but not down on the flat middle. but it does not matter now. NSNR will not even talk to me about the project. that was my point. HE WILL NOT EVEN TALK TO ME BECAUSE OF WERE I AM AT... is that not his job to talk to prospectors, not to put them down and tell them there stupid for even trying there.
minerjoe

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 136
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 07:29:19 PM »
Hi.Joe sounds like you are state side somewhere.Your profile gives no info.Your idea was good.but not really feasable.forcing water down a pipe will only drive fine gold deeper.That being said solid granite is worth big bucks(Head stones for grave yards) fetch good money.Save a slab for your govnt.Adviser.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline minerjoe90

• PPT Invited
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 05:17:17 AM »
lol, thanks Mcbain
minerjoe

Offline beav

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: NS
  • Kudos: 10
  • Keep yer pan wet, and Butt dry!
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 04:43:41 PM »
Hey MJ, I think I see what you are trying to do. I expect you would be using some type of venturi system to suck the material from the hole such that the pump does not suck up material into itself (directly), but rather thru the venturi (fed by the high pressure side of the pump) to a recovery system or holding tank (bucket) for later processing?
It's too bad that you have had the bad experience with the DNR guy. I've always had great help from them. You must be pretty sure there is gold there to go through all this effort, so I say more power to ya! Go find some gold and don't let someone try and take the adventure and fun out of it.
Beav

Offline minerjoe90

• PPT Invited
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 05:53:44 AM »
hi beav; your so right. it is all about the fun of getting out and finding that shinny yellow stuff. it's fun. that's why I've been going for the last 15+ years. 
 and yes you are right about the drilling to. if there's gold there I do not know, time will tell. but I do know this. there's gold on the other side of the road, over by some drumlins. chunky gold.  so it is up there. pencil brook placer is not that far away.
minerjoe