collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 107 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12366
  • stats Total Posts: 123418
  • stats Total Topics: 16954
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 743

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Creston 2016  (Read 828 times)

Offline chrisg

• Kudos: 1
Creston 2016
« on: May 23, 2016, 01:57:17 PM »
Hi

Just stopped off at Creston rec panning site a week ago for a couple of hours as I stayed in the town for a night.  Well I found a rock which had not been touched for at least one year and found a couple of flakes of float gold so I was happy.   The river has gone down sufficiently to allow access, however, there will be a few months before more rocks will be exposed and the possibility of better activity.   

What I did notice was someone was a real early bird and has been prospecting already this year.  It must have been this year as I found a nice shiny quarter close to the holes not covered with any debris.  The bank had been excavated under a large boulder and there was a very large pit lined with excavated rocks under one tree.  This pit must have taken at least a day to excavate.  I refilled the hole under the boulder as if the boulder did fall that would have taken a piece of the bank with it.  I'm wondering if members have noticed many holes not being backfilled there?  I thought the rules were to refill after you left for the day?

Cheers Chris

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 58
Re: Creston 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 06:30:25 PM »
Hi.Chris.I think you will find the same where ever you go.It is the nature of the beast.Some will go out of their way but most will not.And no body is going to police it.Other than safety reasons it is sometimes better to leave a whole open for the next guy.Least he will not be digging,what has already been worked.Just a thought.Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline panhandler

• Province/State: East Kootenay BC
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 07:33:17 AM »
I go there fairly often. The holes don't bother me, at least you know where others have already worked. It's the fire pits & burnt out beer cans left behind that  {-censored-} me off. Packed a bunch out last time I was there.

Offline chrisg

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 12:08:36 PM »
Hi
I've got a photo of the gold found, however, at 1.97 MEG I'm informed it's too large to attach, if the administrator or interested parties would like a copy feel free to message me and I'll send a copy.  Thanks Chris
Next week .... Yale British Columbia

Offline DIGGER44

• Province/State: East Kootenays
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 01:25:19 PM »
Where abouts were you panning?  Upstream from the bridge?  Was it that spot with all the solid rock grayish color?