collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

KenKlondikemcbainBCGQCgeezir

Dot Guests: 170 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12602
  • stats Total Posts: 124235
  • stats Total Topics: 17314
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Bornite =63%Cu  (Read 1907 times)

Offline mentalcoincoin

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: B.C.
  • Kudos: 18
  • Tip Of The $pear
Re: Bornite =63%Cu
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 10:30:41 PM »
Hi.Great colors.They had a thing about cobalt on CBC radio a couple days ago.Something I had never thought about.Apparantly the color is used to color or tint paint and other things.I always thought paint tints came from berries,Most do but cobalt blue actually comes from the mineral.Very Interesting.Luck,Mcbain.
Yes and my guess is that color Cobalt Blue is about to get a whole bunch more expensive to procure!Colbalt & Zinc are 2 of the hottest commodities to have  in the coming yrs.
 http://www.infomine.com/investment/metal-prices/cobalt/1-week/                                                                      THE WORLD WILL EXPERIENCE A GAP IN THE COBALT SUPPLY – DEMAND MATRIX, BEGINNING THIS YEAR.

Much of the world’s cobalt is produced only as a by-product of copper and nickel mining. This makes it very difficult to ramp up the production of cobalt, especially in an environment like the current one where the price for copper and for nickel has fallen. Experts predict falling cobalt production starting this year.

Making this problem worse is that over half of the world’s cobalt (as a by-product of copper and nickel mining) comes from the Democratic Republic of the Congo. There are serious ethical concerns associated with mining in this area, especially after Apple was caught using cobalt from mines which use child labor. Amnesty International and The Enough Project are advocating for the imposition of an ethical supply chain on cobalt coming from the DRC, which would further restrain supply by about 10%.

These supply cuts are coming at a time of increased demand.

ELECTRIC VEHICLES, AIRCRAFT ENGINES & RENEWABLE ENERGY

Cobalt is a high strength magnetic metal with a diverse range of important uses in products from rechargeable batteries to aircraft engines, and it is expected to be at the leading edge of the search for alternative and renewable energy systems. This versatile metal has been recognized as strategically important by both the US and European Union has been trading on the London Metal Exchange (LME) since 2010.

Offline DirtHogg

• CGPF Sponsor
  • Kudos: 21
    • DirtHogg Paydirt
Re: Bornite =63%Cu
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2017, 10:23:08 AM »
Very Nice Pics.I find it very interesting your pics of the Bornite look very similar to pics from the Hubble Space Pics.Some of the same look to the colors.Pretty cool as we know all minerals ect  come from space.I see also Trump has decided to free up restrictions on essential metal exploration .Some interesting times a coming for sure.Again Great Pics !