collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 245 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13016
  • stats Total Posts: 131023
  • stats Total Topics: 18328
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Sluice box design  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Shrewdly

• Kudos: 5
Sluice box design
« on: April 21, 2016, 06:54:20 PM »
Found this a few years ago, although it deals with large production sluice boxes, a lot of the design ideas are applicable to smaller boxes.  Hope someone can get some use out of it.*placerrecovery.pdf

Offline kcm

• Province/State: NW Minnesota
  • Kudos: 31
Re: Sluice box design
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 09:17:10 PM »
The 51-page .pdf you have is the same as the 56-page .pdf listed below, only yours is text only. The one below is a bit easier to read...at least I think so. There are also 2 other smaller files that were put out:

The 4-page link is:
https://yukoncollege.yk.ca/downloads/Grinding_for_Gold.pdf

Another 39 page .pdf is at:
http://www.geology.gov.yk.ca/pdf/141114_Nov1014_Grinding_for_Gold_Presentation.pdf

The link to the final .pdf (56 pages) article is: http://kpma.ca/assets/files/grinding-for-gold-report.pdf

In these articles, among other things, is specific information concerning building one of these rod mills for your own use. Has been a while since I read them, but I know that the 4-page article had info that the 56-page final didn't have....that is, unless I just didn't read close enough!

kcm
The life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 138
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 06:45:38 PM »
Hi.Good post.But the minining community has advanced about 90 years.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline Shrewdly

• Kudos: 5
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 09:15:27 PM »
Quite true and we don't use (Golden) fleece anymore.  I am curious through, is there another device that is capable of 95+% recovery in alluvial gravels and is equally effective in large mechanized operations and still works for equally well for the back packing hobbyist.

Offline azau

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Arizona
  • Kudos: 7
  • If it can't be grown. it must be mined!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 10:00:34 AM »
Quite true and we don't use (Golden) fleece anymore.  I am curious through, is there another device that is capable of 95+% recovery in alluvial gravels and is equally effective in large mechanized operations and still works for equally well for the back packing hobbyist.

Miners are skeptical of changing  things they know works but  I think some smaller ops are coming  around to  using  Goldhog  mats  in their sluices.  Doc has worked with some ops and has proven that they  work as well or better and they are much easier to clean  up  than other systems. They are indeed  suitable for portable  sluices.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 138
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 06:48:31 PM »
Hi .Azau covered it.Gold hog ROCKS.But if I was backpacking I would go with Keenes  mirical matt.If weight is a concern.Much lighter and works a 100 times better than any carpet or fleece out there.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.