collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

pascalfortier

Dot Guests: 170 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12960
  • stats Total Posts: 129969
  • stats Total Topics: 18179
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Stolen Trommel - Please keep an eye out.  (Read 17417 times)

Offline Sir Pans Alot

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 23
Stolen Trommel - Please keep an eye out.
« on: April 15, 2016, 10:43:26 AM »
Good morning All,

As some of you have heard, my trommel got stolen. We were pulling out for the end of the season and had it locked up and covered with our excavator. Someone broke into the excavator and hot wired it and moved it out of the way then cut the locks on the trommel and took it.   ^#!.

I have been searching Kijiji, Craigslist for BC, Alberta, Canada, USA, everywhere. Searching part names, you name it. Still no luck.. I will be putting up some Ads online in hopes of getting it back or some sort of lead!!

If you guys can keep an eye out for it in your local towns that would be very much appreciated. There are some custom parts on the trommel compared to Ray's other builds so it is slightly different from his regular builds if you know what you are looking for. The police have all of this information. (See attached Picture as an example). It looks like a big blue bear trap to people who have no idea what it is.

If anyone knows or hears of anything, there will be a reward for its safe return, no questions asked.

There is ICBC insurance on the trommel as it is built onto a trailer, however, the cost of the trommel has gone up almost 40% since I bought it three years ago.  I hope it is found.

Thanks Guys for keeping an eye out!

Offline BC Handyman

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Cranbrook, BC
  • Kudos: 15
Re: Stolen Trommel - Please keep an eye out.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 12:03:29 PM »
I'll keep my eye out for sure, hope you get it back!

Offline kcm

• Province/State: NW Minnesota
  • Kudos: 31
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 02:32:10 PM »
Didn't realize it was another GPEX member that had it stolen. That hits a bit closer to home, so to speak!!

I'd be happy to keep an eye out here, but we never go anywhere and there's no gold here.  ..>Don't suppose you had a trail camera set up anywhere?

kcm
The life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.

Offline rexhavoc

• Kudos: 8
  • Somewhere in deepest, darkest Cariboo...
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 10:41:57 PM »
Man that really sucks, SPAL.
You are one of the good ones; so that hurts even more.
Will keep a sharp eye out for it
--
rex

Offline Top Cat

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Langley BC
  • Kudos: 25
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 06:41:23 AM »
Will keep an eye open > Is there a lic. plate on the trailer?

Good Luck  <_miner_>

Offline BC Handyman

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Cranbrook, BC
  • Kudos: 15
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 08:00:04 AM »
Will keep an eye open > Is there a lic. plate on the trailer?

Good Luck  <_miner_>

Although that's a good idea, if I see any tromell that looks like that regardless of plate, I'm calling cops.

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Ontario, but also prospect in BC
  • Kudos: 35
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 08:06:31 AM »
Nice little rig.  Sorry about your loss.   Just a thought, but you probably want to keep your eye out for it being broken down for parts.  For example, set up a Kijji alert for your type of pump.   I have sent an email to a miner friend in Atlin, just in case it shows up there.
See my YouTube channel for fun amateur video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnz8kX6AZOeZbRt0F9XqVJA

Offline Goldfreaker

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 07:09:38 PM »
 mad@!# mad@!# mad@!# mad@!# mad@!# mad@!# mad@!# mad@!# mad@!# mad@!#
scum is right theris lots of money in gold and ya gotta find it first then it takes time to get to the point you can go out!!!
i will be in the yukon and keep an eye for you for sure good luck !!
what about your loader hoe?
sorry to hear..
Looking 4 some good ground that somebody my not have the capability to mine! Or the feelers out anyway! Or possibility to buy?

Offline Sir Pans Alot

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 23
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 08:32:37 AM »
Thanks Guys!

I have been searching non stop online and in person.. Parts, scrap metal, you name it. All provinces in Canada and down in the US as well. Not even a sniff of anyone seeing it yet.  ^#!

Have a number of friends in the major mining areas across BC and they are going to keep an eye out for it.

As for pictures: http://www.thegoldmachine.ca/Model_10.php.
-> I have pictures of my trommel, but it has slight modifications to it so the police told me not to post actual pictures of it online. If the thieves remove the serial number and license plate, the unique modifications are the only way to prove it is mine. Looks almost identical to the pictures above. Those of you that know me have seen pictures of it or seen the trommel in person.
-> If you do see a trommel that looks like it, please don't go running and screaming at the person, 1.) It might actually be theirs and 2.)  I don't want anyone getting hurt. Just act interested in the machine and snap some pictures if you can and send me a message. I can tell if it is my trommel or not and will be there in a flash.

Thanks all!

Goldfreaker, I camped out with my excavator until I could get a lowbed into to pick it back up and take it to my mechanic. At least I learn't how to hot wire an excavator now..

gold one

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2016, 08:57:41 AM »
Nice little rig.  Sorry about your loss.   Just a thought, but you probably want to keep your eye out for it being broken down for parts.  For example, set up a Kijji alert for your type of pump.   I have sent an email to a miner friend in Atlin, just in case it shows up there.

Good man sunshine. ..not many of us around {cool^sign}
I had someone try to steal my little excavator in Hope bc.  Luckily the hitch had a lock on it. I was resting in the back of the motorhome.  I heard them trying to get the hitch off. I went out with a 14 inch knife...they took off running.  lol!!!@*    A small grey car with a loud muffler.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat