collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 332 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 1

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13016
  • stats Total Posts: 131029
  • stats Total Topics: 18328
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: First test hole, weird sample?  (Read 3091 times)

Offline gordmanca

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 8
First test hole, weird sample?
« on: April 03, 2016, 06:42:56 PM »
Just did my first test hole's of the season. This sample was from the first 5 gallon bucket. I noticed while cassifying that this "rock" had weird barnacle type thing's attached to it. What is the blue stuff? I think the yellow is either rust, sulphur or a combination of both. I don't even know if that silvery thing is silver, or just grey. The LED light's on the digital microscope make "sparkles" out of grey sometimes. I turn the sample and it still shined...any idea's on this little cluster??
Self made Bullionaire.

Offline kcm

• Province/State: NW Minnesota
  • Kudos: 31
Re: First test hole, weird sample?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 07:13:55 PM »
Some of the "barnacle type thing's" actually look like some sort of lichen. The images are a little blurry, so makes it more difficult to make out. However, you said this was from the first 5-gal. bucket, which means it came from at or near the surface - right?

At what magnification were these images taken?

The life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.

Offline gordmanca

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 07:32:20 PM »
Some of the "barnacle type thing's" actually look like some sort of lichen. The images are a little blurry, so makes it more difficult to make out. However, you said this was from the first 5-gal. bucket, which means it came from at or near the surface - right?

At what magnification were these images taken?

Thats right about 12 to 14 inches down, beside and under a boulder. I am using a Celestron 10x40 (or 150 on some monitors) handheld and it's just zoom in, zoom out, it doesn't tell me what mag I'm at.
I'll try to get some clearer pic's. I'm trying to search Google image's to figure it out??
Self made Bullionaire.

Offline gordmanca

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 07:49:28 PM »
I hope this will be a little clearer. It has pure white spot on the other side...lol...look's like paint.
Image16.jpgImage17.jpgImage17.jpg
Self made Bullionaire.

Offline East2west

• Province/State: Southeast New Brunswick
  • Kudos: 2
    • NB Prospecting
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 07:14:15 PM »
Pretty Cool looking but hard to see the details one would need to positively identify. One thing I will say though is that I ran into similar material on my claim during a couple of test pits. What I found turned out to be something I had never really seen before. Essentially Carboniferous conglomerate was overlaying Silurian basement Mafic Volcanics and where they came into contact there was a really oxidized and rusted Breccia. The breccia and Conglomerates looked like they had come into contact under a lot of heat and pressure which essentially formed them both into one.  Could be an indication of a near by fault! or Maybe an intensely sheared basement.

My two cents anyway, I have a picture of the material I've got, just not with me, see if I can post it at a later time.

Offline Cowzero

• จีคลับ
  • Province/State: SDFSDFSD
  • Kudos: 0
    • ซื้อหวยออนไลน์
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 01:39:25 AM »
Is a rare thing

Offline mentalcoincoin

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: B.C.
  • Kudos: 20
  • Tip Of The $pear
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 10:23:38 PM »
can not tell from pic,Im fishing here,but is there a chance any of the small brown  rock maybe small garnet or garnetite mixed in?

Offline jobinyt

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 21
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 01:13:26 PM »
Like east2west, my mind too turned to  breccia with some heavy mineralizing activity.  If placer material I think it's mostly a curiosity unless you can trace it upstream to a source.  If you're digging native material - dig deeper - if you can find signs of a vein....