collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 136 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12550
  • stats Total Posts: 124605
  • stats Total Topics: 17236
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: gold panning in the states?  (Read 4429 times)

Offline piker

• New user
  • Kudos: 0
gold panning in the states?
« on: October 19, 2007, 12:42:33 AM »
Hello to all.  Have been following forum for a while now. It's nice to read about others who have the same interests.
My question may not be applicable to this forum but I am at a lost as to how to find an answer so I thought I would start here.
We would like to go somewhere in the states for a winter break...possibly Arizona and are wondering if there are any RV resorts where we could combine RVing and gold panning?  I was wondering if any gold panning clubs there offer this type of recreation.
Thank you for any suggestions

Offline bcdigger

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Vancouver BC
  • Kudos: 8
Re: gold panning in the states?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 02:31:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum Piker,

A few you could look into are...
- River's Edge RV Park http://www.riversedgebccaz.com/
- Meadview RV Park and Cabin Rentals http://www.realadventures.com/listings/1022160_Meadview-RV-Park-and-Cabin-Rentals
- Stampede RV Park http://www.tombstone-stampede.com/default.asp?file=Home

I hope this helps
BCD
You'll always wonder unless you dig it

Offline shiver

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Canada
  • Kudos: 24
    • CGPF
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 05:38:13 AM »
Welcome aboard Piker,

I hope you will enjoy our website, Lots of friendly and helpful people here.

Thanks for joining us, Best wishes and looking forward to seeing some of your finds.

See ya around the forum,

Shiver

Offline Seeker

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: BC Canada
  • Kudos: 9
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 07:49:12 AM »
hello piker,

welcome to the forum and thanks for joining us. good luck hunting and please keep us posted.
looking forward to seeng your finds   {cool^sign}

Offline eureka4gold

• Province/State: Mesa, AZ
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 07:17:17 PM »
 <-wave->
Hello Piker, Welcome to the forum. I lived in Mesa, AZ in Apache Wells RV Resort. Its about a hour drive from here to GPAA club claims, and Roadrunner claims. If you join a club that will open a lot more area to you. In Prescott, AZ there is Lynx Creek that is open to the public,. panning only... but it does get chilly there with some snow fall. There some RV parks in the Congress, AZ and Wickenburg, AZ area too, which will put you real close to the LDMA campground in Stauton, AZ and the famous "Rich Hill" placers. A local club there called the "Weaver Mining" its about $25/year US dollars. If you come to Mesa, we can always get together and go out on weekend, save on gas? Quartzite, AZ is another snowbird area with gold nearby. PM me if you got any other question.
More Au to you <-wave->
Robert
More Au to you, Robert

Offline dirtscience

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 07:21:14 AM »
Hi,

The biggest problem with panning in AZ this time of year is the lack of water. Not saying it cant be done. The Prescott area has the lynx creek public panning area ( pay to play, small fee). Lately Ive been having good luck with a dry washer and panning concentrates when I get home. If you are a GPAA member ( I am not this year) They have claims good for drywashing close to where I am getting gold now. As far as the RV thing goes I cant really help. If you would like, once you get located contact me via this forum and maybe we could meet up.

Best Regards,

Mark

Sorry some duplicate info in from the above post. I guess we were typing at the same time LOL

edited for missing words.