collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

chekaracanada

Dot Guests: 192 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13016
  • stats Total Posts: 131023
  • stats Total Topics: 18328
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: test pits and water.  (Read 51903 times)

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 138
Re: test pits and water.
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2015, 06:42:02 PM »
Hey MJ 90.The old boy could be telling the truth.You have found gold good sign.Probably placer gold .if so concentrate on gold bearing ground Do not kill yourself chasing bed rock.Sounds like you are working glacial material where gold may never got to bedrock.Look at all the mines in Alaska and Yukon and northern B.C.The best gold is coming from the gravel deposits left behind from the glaciers and rivers.Not many mines in that country even getting close to bedrock.Too far down.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline SouthShoreGold

• Province/State: Nova Scotia (The Valley)
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2015, 06:40:00 PM »
If you're interested in the old Stanburne site, pm me.  I happen to hold the claim there currently.  I de-watered a trench there today, in fact.  I'd be interested in hearing what you know about it, and I might be looking for a partner or two.

Cheers

Offline beav

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: NS
  • Kudos: 10
  • Keep yer pan wet, and Butt dry!
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2015, 05:19:52 PM »
Hey MJ...Sounds like SouthShoreGold has a proposition for you. Might be good to chase that up with him.

Yes, I know the fulla who you speak of, since 1993 (off and on). Some day I will send you a personal message
and fill you in on the details about that. This forum is prob not the best 'public' place to discuss this type of thing.
Beav

Offline minerjoe90

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: nova scotia
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2015, 09:14:59 PM »
yes you are right. I'd love to hear more. yes I have been talking to soulthshoreguy. sounds good to me to. I do not mind giving a hand to anyone in need. if I can. I need to finish up at my claim before I can go help others. way to much water at my spot now. I need a water pump. need a new plan for spring. I'm going to get an excavation permit and dig a big test pit. also looking into another area to claim. I'm going to get some wood carvings done to rase the money. (I am a award winning wood carver)
minerjoe

Offline minerjoe90

• PPT Invited
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2015, 09:25:48 PM »
here is some of my wood carvings.
minerjoe

Offline beav

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: NS
  • Kudos: 10
  • Keep yer pan wet, and Butt dry!
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 07:54:07 AM »
MJ, all I can say is AWESOME WORK! on the carving!!! AMAZING!
You don't need to find much gold as you can make MORE selling these carvings. It must take you months to do this type of stuff?

Beav

Offline minerjoe90

• PPT Invited
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 01:15:26 PM »
yes it takes a long time to do one. labor of love..
minerjoe

Offline MI Iron Man

• Kudos: 3
  • Pack persistance and determination you'll need it.
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2015, 06:32:26 PM »
 I see you have lot's of heavies where it should be around the rock, however if you aren't finding at least some fine gold in it. You have no reason to believe lower levels of the flow had gold en trained.  At a poker table, unless the surrounding claims had good pay I wouldn't let you bet what might be found against my poke.

"Quote: I have been searching for about 5 years. have found some nice gold up there, farther inland". I think you found your answer lot's of black sand. iron, and little gold... Could your gold have already have settled out of the outflow?  Dude you need to be up there, looking for bedrock crevasses that could have trapped bigger gold.  Old bedrock cracks are magic... natures own sluice box. 
Sometimes you don't get what you want, you get what you need. You might go looking for a living, and come back learning how to live.