collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 188 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13069
  • stats Total Posts: 131937
  • stats Total Topics: 18429
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Ore Deposit Geology BOOK  (Read 28002 times)

Offline kcm

• Province/State: NW Minnesota
  • Kudos: 31
Re: Ore Deposit Geology BOOK
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2016, 08:13:26 AM »
XT, sorry that had to happen. I agree - it sucks that so many people are just plain rotten. Then again, if everyone was always good, we'd never realize it as there would be nothing to contrast.

...Used up a lot of space?

kcm

The life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.

Offline jobinyt

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 22
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 03:35:33 PM »
Ebooks says no longer available for download. Too bad, looks very interesting.

Offline kcm

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 04:47:32 PM »
Job, which book are you referring to?

kcm
The life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.

Offline jobinyt

• PPT Invited
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 08:22:31 PM »
Kcm - the one in the link - 'Ore ....'  However, I tried again tonight and it dowloaded complete - but won't open :(

Offline kcm

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2016, 08:40:50 PM »
Strange - I downloaded it fine and have opened it several times without incident.

If you PM me your email, I can try to email it to you - assuming it's not too large a file to send as an attachment

kcm

Offline kcm

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 09:16:44 PM »
GREAT NEWS!! For anyone who wishes to read or try-on-for-size this book, it is available for reading online for free at:
ViewInside - Ore Deposit Geology

There is no download necessary. No signing up. No name, address, credit card #.....nothing. Just go there and read the fully illustrated, full-color book online. I haven't tried to thumb through every page, so there "might" be a limit to how many pages you can view. ...But let's hope not!  ;D

kcm

Offline kcm

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 09:27:33 PM »
Apparently, another download location for this is:
Download PDF: Ore Deposit Geology by John Ridley Free Book PDF

I have not gone to this site, but is apparently another site that is offering the book in a free .pdf download. It appears they have quite a selection of books to choose from - just no obvious way to know what all is there - no search box either, that I can see.

Anyone having trouble with the Cambridge site might have better results with this one.

kcm

Offline jobinyt

• PPT Invited
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2016, 06:38:03 PM »
You're sure finding some good stuff. I'm reading  on ore deposits but it is about specific 'interesting' deposits. I think something more generally geologic would be better. Knowing about one of a kind deposits isn't likely to do me much good - and I need lots of help. Geologists turn up their noses at siderite outcropping I found and it seems no one wants a titanium deposit until it has totally decayed to rutile. And gold - I find specs here and there - but it's the hunt and the finding I enjoy - no interest in being the miner.

Anyhow, I tried the second site - PDF and DOCX versions - neither downloaded. The host seemd to know that and said ' click here if not downloading'. That just put me back to the download screen. It proved I'm insane - doing the same thing and expecting a different result :~; 

Offline jobinyt

• PPT Invited
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2016, 06:34:44 AM »
Ok - I finally got to a Windows computer and got the file downloaded, saved to a thumb drive, and skimmed the book. It looks good  - much better than the ore text I was reading. Nice basic general description in this book,  instead of the in-depth study of 'interesting '( read unusual - one of a kind) deposits book that I had. Still, after reading this I'll probably be able to stand on top of a deposit and not recognize it. And I'd still like to solve the mystery of how I find something interesting, run a sample through my chemistry set and determine it is a real actual mineral, and then the geologists take a quick glance at a sample, rightly guess the area in which I found it, and say 'tain't nuthin' even though there is no claim,  trenching, drilling or other sign of assessment work near the showing, but mines and claims exist in the area. Very mysterious this ore stuff.