collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 200 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13003
  • stats Total Posts: 130796
  • stats Total Topics: 18302
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Y  (Read 5717 times)

Offline ryanonthevedder

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Chilliwack
  • Kudos: 18
Re: Yukon Gold
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 10:02:44 AM »
Mining should not be a gamble - preparation and prospecting is key to know what you got before you invest.

And what safer way to invest but to invest in yourself.

To run a crew and equipment requires consistent grades over 0.1 opt, and lot of tonnage.

To run a mini mine with a couple of buddies and small equipment requires nuggets or pockets of high grades.

kk

Ken has it pretty much right, and everyone else is there too. Its all about cost per ounce. If one wants to carry on then there should be some profit at the end of the season. It is too easy to get tangled up in buying equipment and going bigger, but if you havent tested the ground adequately then you re shooting from the hip and hoping for the best. The unfortunate thing is that most folks dont have the season or two to prove out the ground and show up needing the first bucket to pay for bread and eggs.

Part of the trouble are the shows. It cuts out the hours of BS and shows the riches at the end. They also dont talk about the subsidies. Why didnt Hoffman's sell their gold? cause they dont have to. Discovery pays some of the bills to keep them alive and Todd holds the gold until the last second; waiting for any deals to come along. He's probably smarter than I give him credit for. Anyway lots of people have gold fever now and come from far and wide to try their hand at the game, and most fail. Its not from lack of trying either. Look at the farmer from Alberta; hard working, but little gold.

Most of the best claims are sown up by those who were there first and the speculators are more than happy to part newbs from their wallet. Its been happening for 150 years, I have seen it on my front door, and it will continue far into the future. The key is to do your research, test extensively, and dont spend a nickle until you've exhausted the four pennies that came before it.

Offline GOLD FINDER

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 12:50:26 AM »
A friend of mine is on Yukon Gold. As for it not being real, i would say most of it is, not like the other shows where it seems like they are making a movie... Lol
Buddy said ifvthe camera crew misses an event or incodent or whatever, the don,t go and reinact it...

I think it is pretty realistic for the most part.

Offline ykplacer

• Kudos: 25
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 08:36:58 AM »
A friend of mine is on Yukon Gold. As for it not being real, i would say most of it is, not like the other shows where it seems like they are making a movie... Lol
Buddy said ifvthe camera crew misses an event or incodent or whatever, the don,t go and reinact it...

I think it is pretty realistic for the most part.

Placer miners worry reality TV is tarnishing their image | Yukon News

Offline WAGOLD

• Province/State: Moses Lake
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 02:46:38 PM »
Is this correct?? I'll make all my assumptions as if Gold is $1000.00 per oz.  Todd gets 1400 oz.  Out of that he pays 200 oz to claim owner, 300 oz. for Monster Red, 150 oz. for season costs and 300 more oz. to buy claim for next year.  That leaves 450 oz. left.  Out of that he has to pay Dave 1/2 since he is 1/2 owner.  225 oz. to pay for all that machinery that he brought to the game.  I realize he probably rented it, but that still costs.  So really, how much money did they make.   Just running it through my mind..am I missing something.  I don't see how any money was  made for the owners.  Please help.

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Ontario, but also prospect in BC
  • Kudos: 39
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 07:20:37 PM »
Is this correct?? I'll make all my assumptions as if Gold is $1000.00 per oz.  Todd gets 1400 oz.  Out of that he pays 200 oz to claim owner, 300 oz. for Monster Red, 150 oz. for season costs and 300 more oz. to buy claim for next year.  That leaves 450 oz. left.  Out of that he has to pay Dave 1/2 since he is 1/2 owner.  225 oz. to pay for all that machinery that he brought to the game.  I realize he probably rented it, but that still costs.  So really, how much money did they make.   Just running it through my mind..am I missing something.  I don't see how any money was  made for the owners.  Please help.
At the end of the season, he still owns Monster Red.  Cannot get cost out in one season.  Their problem is "go big or go home".   They would had one just fine with a smaller wash plant and a smaller crew. 
See my YouTube channel for fun amateur video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnz8kX6AZOeZbRt0F9XqVJA

Gear Pan
Gold Rat