collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

kodibearfishboy3@telus.netHardpan82

Dot Guests: 226 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13054
  • stats Total Posts: 131627
  • stats Total Topics: 18400
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: X-Ray or Packsack drill wanted  (Read 9943 times)

Offline Prose7

• Province/State: Rama Twp., Ontario
  • Kudos: 0
X-Ray or Packsack drill wanted
« on: April 03, 2015, 01:51:29 PM »
Hi Fellow Prospectors:  I used to work for Boyles Brothers Drilling years ago and still hold my Ontario Prospectors' Licence.  I am looking to buy a Boyles X-Ray Drill (xrt rod) or a pack sack drill outfit (good for about 10 ft. depth).

Can anyone help me here?  I have a 50 acre Crown patented property and need to start working on it.  Drill does not have to be in working order, as long as it has all its parts intact, unless it is something I can make fairly easily - I am a Certified Millwright/Mechanic so a pretty handy guy.  Like most 70 year old prospectors, I do not have a lot of money to spend - typical shoe-string operation!

I have drilled at Lac Dufault Mines years back - some trivia for you.  Also have properties in New Mexico and Texas, but those plans on hold for now until I get a drill.

Sure hope someone can help me here.

Looking forward to some replies.  Thanks all. Pete Rose   [email protected] .

Offline Prose7

Re: X-Ray or Packsack drill wanted
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 05:21:46 PM »
Hi Gang:

So, I got a good used JKS Packsack Drill.  It is setup for RW rods and equipment.  It came with 4 - 2 ft. Aluminum Rods with Steel Couplings, 4 Diamond Coring Bits and a Core Lifter, but alas, no Core Barrel.  I am looking for a RW Core Barrel - anything from 1 ft. to 5 ft., either single or double tube.

In case no one can help me with RW, maybe one of you knows where I can get a RW to EW Sub, even though that means that my Bits and Core Lifter will not be of use any more.

I have searched the web pretty thoroughly to no avail, except I might possibly be able to get some RW stuff from JKS Boyles in the UK - shipping is probably a killer.

That is why I am hoping to find something here in North America.  I want to get this little rig up and running this summer season - that's why I bought it.

Hope some prospector out there can help me out.  Thanks.  Pete Rose, Ontario, Canada.

Offline Naej

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 08:02:10 PM »
Hi. Are you still looking for drilling equipment for your X_Ray drill.

Offline kcm

• Province/State: NW Minnesota
  • Kudos: 31
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 10:35:17 PM »
Hey Naej. Welcome to gpex.

It appears Prose7 has not logged on since 25 OCT of last year. As he/she is also a new member, there is no way of knowing if they will be back. However, once you make another post, you can then send a PM (Private Message) to Prose7. They should then get an email notification. Otherwise, you might be waiting a long time for a response.

kcm
The life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.

Offline Prose7

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 07:48:43 AM »
Hi Naej:

Sorry that I have not been on for a while, but my wife has been very ill, so changed my priorities greatly.  Things are pretty good now.  I did get a PackSack drill and a core barrel.  However, I am short on drill rods and couplings.  The drill works well, so will be using come Spring.  I don't drill in the winter anymore - water freezes, no water heater, etc.  So, sir, what do you have for sale?  X-Ray stuff fits okay, as long as it is XRT.

Thanks.

Pete

Offline Naej

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 07:21:43 PM »
Hi Prose 7.

I should have XRT rods with couplings. They are 5 feet long, and probably a few 2 feet. Just want to make sure for the size, is it XRT or RW. If I'm not mistaking, the XRT is the older size.
By the way, for how many rods you are looking for?
Just for  curiosity, what kind of engine on your pack sack. Is it a Mall engine?

Regards,

Offline Willyduse

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 02:40:25 AM »
Hello I have just acquired a Boyle’s X-ray drip pack with no rod what so ever. I am just wondering if anyone had any luck finding some of that unheard of RW drill pipe. Any leads would be great as I too assume shipping from the UK would cost more than just hiring a drilling company  <-laugh-> thanks!

Any information on the drill would be great too. I can’t figure out what the lever does that sets a little piston like pin.

Will

Mining Claims
Gear Pan