collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 196 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13005
  • stats Total Posts: 130828
  • stats Total Topics: 18306
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: WX15 Stock Pump Or WH15 stock pump For A Spray Bar Setup  (Read 7156 times)

Offline Compass

• Prospecting Enthusiast
  • Province/State: Carbonear, Newfoundland
  • Kudos: 3
  • Ahhh, the great outdoors!
    • My YouTube Channel
WX15 Stock Pump Or WH15 stock pump For A Spray Bar Setup
« on: April 02, 2015, 12:32:35 PM »
Hey guys just wondering if I can get some input to help me out. I just made a new 8" x 36" high banker with a 36" flare extension and a spray bar system. I am really struggling with either buying the WX15 or the WH15 honda pump. The spray will be 1 1/2 inlet then dropping down to 1 1\4 on either side. Each side is 18" in length for a total of 36" of spray bar. How to accurately size the pump based on this information...  ^#!

I like the portability of the WX15 but not sure if it will supply the amount of water I need...

WX15 -
   Honda Canada

WH15 -
   Honda Canada

I would like to have a really good boiling action in the hopper...  <-thinking->

Thank you all so much for your response and helping me out!
"There is a mine for silver and a place where gold is refined. Iron is taken from the earth, and copper is smelted from ore.  Man puts an end to the darkness; he searches the farthest recesses for ore in the blackest darkness"... Job 28

Offline ebuyc

• Weekend Prospector
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Spokane Valley, WA ; USA
  • Kudos: 54
  • 12 yrs of union-demolition, show me the bedrock!
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: WX15 Stock Pump Or WH15 stock pump For A Spray Bar Setup
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 02:35:37 PM »
The WX15 is plenty for 12" and 16" wide HBs - it will even run a 20" wide G1 HB.

If I read your post right - your HB is only 8" wide?

No need for high pressure unless you are running a long hose up a steep hill.

My 2 bits...
Did someone say       

Offline D - Bar

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 03:28:57 PM »
I am in the process of building the same size high banker as you. Just have to wait until my friend the welder has more time to complete it as he's very busy now (maybe by first 2 weeks in May).. I went with the high pressure pump as I would rather have the pressure and vertical lift as I will be doing more bench sluicing this year. One thing about pressure is that one can control it with either an inline valve or throttle down or both. One thing I've learned this spring (fast melt here with basement flooding) is that 100 feet of hose does not go far. I have used my new pump to drain the ditch and does it ever put out the water fast. I ordered another 150 feet of hose for a total of 250 feet which I'm sure I will probably end up using. Water volume is nice but for what you stated you want..."I would like to have a really good boiling action in the hopper.."  I don't think you would go wrong by getting the high pressure one..All the best in your venture...

Offline jobinyt

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 20
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 06:10:56 PM »
You can find graphs of output (gallons per hours) versus head. Choose according to your need for GPH . In general, of similar pumps, the one generating higher pressures will do so due to higher HP/RPM input or tighter tolerances which will wear faster in use. A pump that develops higher pressure does not necessarily deliver higher flows except at the upper range of its head. I hope that is clearer than muddy water.

Offline Compass

• Prospecting Enthusiast
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 06:11:39 PM »
Thank you guys for your input, I am in the processing of uploading a YouTube video of my build. I will post it asap just to give a better idea of my design...

I also plan on doing some bench prospecting so pressure would be a must coupled with volume, maybe i am answering my own question and the WH15 would be the better choice, LOL

Thank you again for your replies! Keepem coming...
"There is a mine for silver and a place where gold is refined. Iron is taken from the earth, and copper is smelted from ore.  Man puts an end to the darkness; he searches the farthest recesses for ore in the blackest darkness"... Job 28

Offline AuTiger

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 5
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 06:47:31 PM »
Have a WH, new in 1997, never been in the shop and has moved a lot of Water and Silt. Mostly running at idle with a 12" high banker and a Hair more with the G1. 1.5" both ends. Truthfully I wouldn't trade it for anything, but have never ran a WX, but I have a Hell of a time Packin the WH any distance, you will know what I mean when you get OLDER!! WX would have it beat in that respect! Whatever you decide, you won't go wrong burning Premium gas, stay away from the ethanol enriched gas if you possibly can! Anyhow, Good Luck on your choice. <-thinking->

My Nickel

Offline ebuyc

• Weekend Prospector
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Spokane Valley, WA ; USA
  • Kudos: 54
  • 12 yrs of union-demolition, show me the bedrock!
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 07:15:13 PM »
Well I love my WX15s I have two of them. One for the Keene 2" dredge and my original I bought for HighBanking. They weight around 20lbs empty… Of course I cheated on this debate and went with the Keene P90 pumps. The P90s are tricky to prime but once you learn how to prime it you can prime anything lol…  <~ShOcK~>

My outside the box 4 bits…
Did someone say       

Offline AuTiger

• PPT Invited
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 07:40:53 PM »
Compass, one note, I think you posted US Honda Specs on your opening Post. Check Honda.ca, you wont like the price difference <-NO_> [MSRP]. Yup, 20lbs for the WX and 49lbs DRY for the WH!!

Offline Compass

• Prospecting Enthusiast
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 08:47:42 PM »
Thank you AuTiger, I changed the link to reflect Canadian specs instead of US.

Regarding the weight: I get what you are saying, 50 lbs is a lug for young or old vs the the WX15. Price is not a big factor as long as it works when I need it  ;) To satisfy any confusion I was referring to the WX15 with the stock Honda pump not the P90 as I am thinking the sedimented waters may reck havoc on the impeller.

There is a link to my YouTube video for the mini high banker build in this thread, New Mini Highbanker Build  &quot;Lollygagger&quot;

Thanks again!

Offline AuTiger

• PPT Invited
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 04:29:28 AM »
That is one Fine Fabrication <-good_> Keep us updated! I know the Keene pumps are extremely popular, however I believe the Honda Pumps are a little more forgiving when it comes to Silt, Trash and whatnot!

Gear Pan
Gold Rat