collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

rexhavoc

Dot Guests: 187 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12981
  • stats Total Posts: 130391
  • stats Total Topics: 18246
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Home Fabricated Diggers  (Read 4633 times)

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 52
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
Home Fabricated Diggers
« on: March 14, 2008, 04:00:31 AM »
While placer mining is enjoyed by all those ranging from the recreational factor to the miners of large scale operations, for the many folks who fall somewhere in the middle, or shall we say, of size parallel to a Mom-Pop operation, a digging machine represents a very important tool.  Of course there are the more expensive ready-made machines, but I've seen some very neat home-made diggers passing by on the highways.... thus, this post shall be for those who have fabricated their own diggers.  Hopefully these folks will post a few photos of their creations and offer advice on the to-do's and not-to-do's.  Saw a real neat one yesterday, mounted on a small trailer frame, similar to that of a box trailer.

Looking forward to hearing from folks who have either built their own, are anticipating such, or simply have ideas on the topic, to share.
Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Offline SnowSpider

• Loving the life
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Thorsby Alberta
  • Kudos: 7
  • Just me
Re: Home Fabricated Diggers
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 08:10:37 PM »
LOL  your talking about somthing along the lines of the gan-so Digger design?    I love the idea  kinda big for the small scale panners we have out here in alberta but  its a cool thing to think about..  `I have all the material and hydralics to build one but out here if i pull up to a river with that thing I would have every provincial gove dept down on me in a min  LOL  but there web site has lots of good info  if one needs ideas ATVS, Backhoes, All Terrain Vehicles, The Gan-So Digger ATV Backhoes, Backhoe Tow Package  its a cute little thing it is  LOL

Dave
Cold Wet and Tired aint Prospecting Fun??

Gear Pan
Gold Rat