collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

camper1Top Cat

Dot Guests: 200 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12961
  • stats Total Posts: 129985
  • stats Total Topics: 18181
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Frankensluice  (Read 4055 times)

Offline rockpup

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Lethbridge, Alberta.
  • Kudos: 7
  • Yar der be gold in dem pans!!
Frankensluice
« on: February 27, 2008, 07:49:12 PM »
Hey, had some time to kill and being the DIRT poor guy I am, built a sluice out of construction junk.All I bought was a bilge pump and some carpet.Im still thinking of rifle ideas.Any suggestions?

minkos61

Re: Frankensluice
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 10:01:00 PM »
Nice job RockPup as far as the riffles local scrap yard or dump and look for some 1" angle iron and 1" flat bar weld ur up.

Offline shiver

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Canada
  • Kudos: 25
    • CGPF
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 12:11:26 AM »
Good build Rockpup and the price is right {cool^sign}...also, if you haven't already. Check out bcdigger's post http://gpex.ca/smf/index.php?topic=257.0 regarding riffle analysis and performance.

Offline SnowSpider

• Loving the life
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Thorsby Alberta
  • Just me
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 11:54:49 AM »
Hey Rockpup I cant seem to remember if your in Southern AB  or  up north like me. If the latter is true I think I can help out in your builds  Im  just south of edmonton  and always willing to help out if wanted  LOL   Im just one level above dirt poor but  Im a pack rat and have tons of materials that prolly could help out in your builds ..

Dave
Cold Wet and Tired aint Prospecting Fun??

Offline rockpup

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Lethbridge, Alberta.
  • Yar der be gold in dem pans!!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 02:31:16 PM »
Thanks guy's ;D awesome advice.If I ever plan on going to edmonton (which I do) I will let yeahz know dave.My next project is a trommel, yours looks like it's gonna be sweet.I was wondering about angles and water flow.My top sluice is 18" and my bottom is 24".I added some expanded stuco metal to see how it workes.Heres some pics of my flow .It seems to push out the sand I put in and the balls of lead im using end up on the top of the bottom sluice.

Offline Seeker

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: BC Canada
  • Kudos: 9
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 06:15:36 PM »
When the water flow into the box is square and about the right depth you will notice a "V" formation just above your top riffles, this is a good thing as you will see when material hits it. Too much angle will cause the water to "jump" or cavitate.....Look for a smooth sine wave (S) kind of shape flowing over the riffles. If your water is "jumping" then cut back on the angle. Rule of thumb is 1 to 2 inches per 12" of length. {cool^sign}

[attachimg=#]

Gear Pan
Gold Rat