collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

camper1

Dot Guests: 217 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13005
  • stats Total Posts: 130877
  • stats Total Topics: 18308
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: BC Handyman's Gold collecting adventures.  (Read 91271 times)

Offline BC Handyman

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Cranbrook, BC
  • Kudos: 15
Re: BC Handyman's Gold collecting adventures.
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2015, 04:06:51 PM »
In an effort to repost parts of my adventure that went missing with the latest website prob, here is a general idea of last post.
I got confirmation that my claim has exposed bedrock from a fellow miner that was kind enough to come take a look at my claim. only question is how far to I got to chase the bedrock down till I find some good gold. Only time with the shovel will tell. Here is a few pics of my latest hole I'm sampling along with my trusty hound.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 136
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2015, 08:23:14 PM »
Yea grasshopper nows good matt when he sees it.try running it full length of your sluice never go back to the other stuff Luck mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline BC Handyman

• PPT Invited
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2015, 09:02:36 PM »
we got that matt in out clean up sluice, have not tried it in out main sluice. If I see the matting at a good price I might have to give it a try.
What you guys think is the chance there is some gold in'around this clay layer I found? Prob just a slide layer but I like the looks of it for fines. I just uncovered it yesterday behind a big ol rock.

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Ontario, but also prospect in BC
  • Kudos: 39
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2015, 08:28:36 PM »
I did see a big ol brown bear, and my buddy saw him a few days later. In fact he was about 1 km down from me so I bet thats the same one HiLo found the print of.
I don't think I'll offer fish guts or any food to the bears, but the butterflies sure like the pop I dump out from almost empty cans. There was about 20 of em hovering around.
I only found a few specks, a lil less then last time so I might leave that spot for a while & move onto my other spots I found interesting, but I know that hole holds some fines & maybe some time I'll get a bit deeper & find some better stuff.

You sure you know what a butterfly looks like?  Sounds like you got an infestation of dung beetles.   LOL
Amazing what you see in the woods.  The behavior of some critters does not always match expectations or what you read in books.
See my YouTube channel for fun amateur video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnz8kX6AZOeZbRt0F9XqVJA

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Ontario, but also prospect in BC
  • Kudos: 39
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2015, 08:31:13 PM »
By the way, great thread.  I enjoy reading about your adventures and the pictures are excellent.
See my YouTube channel for fun amateur video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnz8kX6AZOeZbRt0F9XqVJA

Offline BC Handyman

• PPT Invited
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2015, 12:23:22 PM »
Thanks Sunshine, dung beetles, butterflies, fly's pooping, I don't care as long as i find the gold. <-good_>
I have not done much more exploring on my claim in last few weeks, instead I've been working on my holes & putting rocks through the box. the holes are slowly getting bigger. The nights are starting to get cooler & the nearby mountain tops even got a dusting of snow on Friday night, so it wont be long till my claim sees it's first dusting. I'm hoping I got another 6-8 weeks untill I see a hint of snow on my claim. I'll prob do some prospecting in diff area's in next few weeeks <_miner_>

Offline BC Handyman

• PPT Invited
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2015, 10:14:11 PM »
Well this Saturday will be the first Saturday in a while that I'm not up on my claim, but that don't mean I won't be looking for gold still, just a diff kind of gold. I'll be looking for gold/1st place in the Cranbrook mower nationals. [-1st-] What that is is Lawn mower racing, here is my mower sponsored by my Company. Honestly the mower scares me when it gets going full speed & I try to take a corner <~ShOcK~> but it's the funnest weekend of the summer for me.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Offline tamarackman

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2015, 09:15:15 AM »
Wish y'all the best out there! Nice ride hope you mow the sh#*$ out of your competition.

Offline BC Handyman

• PPT Invited
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2015, 08:39:52 AM »
I didn't end up with racing gold, but I did pretty good & won 3 races, so I'm happy. Now my next chance at gold will be back up at my claim this weekend [<-panning->]

Offline BC Handyman

• PPT Invited
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2015, 10:29:35 AM »
I did get up to my claim the last few weekends, not a lot of progress though since I was by myself. Last weekend had the tops of the maintain covered in snow, this weekend I was getting a sunburn mining without a shirt. I'll post a few pics later. Bought some bear spray though yesterday with all the bear activity going on right now, hope I never have to use it.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat