collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 141 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13005
  • stats Total Posts: 130834
  • stats Total Topics: 18306
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Grizzly Find while rockhounding the NSR  (Read 3943 times)

Offline steelman

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 9
Grizzly Find while rockhounding the NSR
« on: December 01, 2014, 04:41:06 PM »
I have been meaning to post this amazing find for awhile but just never got around to it.Finding this treasure actually screwed up my life for a bit. It is the most strange thing I have ever found, not to mention how I found it is Un explainable by some.  Over the last few years I have come to a conclusion that I am a barometer for energy. I believe that it is possible to tune ones intuition towards finding lost things and precious things.

Last summer a friend and I were searching for the Genesee Fossil trail that GollyMrScience talks about on this forum. there are a number of hints and descriptions as to its location based on a number of old posts.  I located a video on you tube and based on the the time they said it was filmed at, the suns location and some basic clues from the posts I had 3 areas I was going to rockhound. so my buddy and I parked at the closest range road and started walking with packs towards the NSR. we decided to walk along the rivers edge and camp out overnight. the next morning we took a break to have a few beers and do some digging in a cliff side shale formation. while sitting there by the river, side by side with my friend I hear a voice in my left ear like a whisper.... its strangely coming from the top of the cliff though. it had direction to the sound. I ask my friend did you hear that? he starts laughing at me and joking that I'm nuts. I say no I think there are 2 people whispering up there by that big pine tree. It sounded like the wind was talking to me. like a windy whispering voice.  so he humors me and climbs around and up to the top of the small cliff. he walks over by the big pine tree and starts freaking out like I have never seen before! what do you know but there is a human skull sitting under the pine tree and the teeth have silver filings in them. well holy F$%^* what to do about that? a long story short my friend and I ended up being questioned for 2 weeks after. The police are hilarious and narrow minded robotic people. I guess they just grew up to much to digest the fact that some people are treasure hunters wondering around in the sticks looking for things. there just a real dumb drag to deal with. (we don't call the police where I live now lol)

The stranger thing is that my mother is a teacher and her friend who teaches cree at her school knows the man of who the skull belonged too.It was one of her friends. anyways I understand it may sound nuts but after hearing that spirit I know that there is more to this universe than meets the eye. enjoy the photos.

Offline steelman

• PPT Invited
Re: Grizzly Find while rockhounding the NSR
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 05:12:27 PM »

Offline steelman

• PPT Invited
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 06:11:42 PM »
here is a link to an article about the find.

Human remains found near Breton ID'd | Alberta | News | Edmonton Sun

there is more to the story and I suspect a local land owner of having something to do with it. had a shotgun pointed at me that day by a real sweaty lookin' strange man. here is a tip to all. when someone doesn't mention calling the police and is belligerent like that get home fast! we later went back and found a bush road leading right to the skull that someone hacked down a semi trailer full of trees to block the road. its obvious we were meddling in someones business that day. I located some native people in my local community who knew the man and had nothing bad to say about him. a good clean native man who did nothing but hunt and fish. maybe it was a hunting accident or something else. regardless I look at one detail and it reassures me to leave it alone. the indians in my area say it is very respectable for a natives soul or body to rest by an evergreen tree. the evergreen needles are a sign of their spirit living on forever through all the seasons to come. We found that skull at the foot of a huge evergreen. RIP Everett John goodrunning, I found you but i am not your keeper! the best treasure I have found but cannot keep!

so I figure next I will take up tomb raiding in Egypt to top the list... any partners?

Offline EMF

• Kudos: 33
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 08:01:11 PM »
There's nothing nutty about hearing something like that, as shown by the result obtained when the message was heeded. A prospector with a quiet mind will have a sensitivity to the surroundings that will enable the finding of things...and sometimes the things found aren't what was expected. Spend enough time out in the wild places, and you begin to perceive a larger realm of reality beyond what is socially accepted.  Great story.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 136
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 08:12:31 PM »
Hi. steelman not a easy find.I have found several over the years and Murder is most often the cause.The police will never tell even if they find the cause cant be botherd.espialaly if a shot gun was usded can not be traced and very hard too prove.I have a spot on my claim where the body of a young murdered girl was found.She was murdeded on Hyw 3 and the brouth up to Hwy 5 too be buried and that is where the body was found in a shallow grave.On my claim.Even though she was found and moved to a proper burial site I willprotect that piece of ground as along as the family wishes.Hope I am making some sence of this.Mark.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline ryanonthevedder

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Chilliwack
  • Kudos: 18
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 09:39:53 PM »
I agree that if you have your head up and your senses alert in some places you can cut the energy with a knife.

Years ago I visited a mass grave in the Indian Himalayas called Roopkund. Hiking up the hill early in the morning there was an eerie stillness to the air and after a couple hours of climbing we approached a small tarn lake. It was at the rim that I began to notice the bones. According to National Geographic 200 people died there around 1200 years ago, and their bones still littler the ground; some with flesh attached. There was definitely something in the air up there though.

Most recently was back in July when I was out doing some prospecting and I happened across an old Native graveyard. Kind of like walking into a bar on the wrong side of town. I hesitated, but having some native ancestry I invited myself in and had a look at some of the headstones to pay my respects. I opened up a couple of cigars and sprinkled the contents out, and I felt as though my observers gave out a collective "huh?" Must have surprised them with the tobacco. A couple hours later I found myself in yet another important FN landmark, and again there was intense energy in this little oasis. This time it was like walking into a large church. In a quiet corner of the massive formation I happened across the largest mule deer buck I have ever seen. We were only 15 yards apart; he looked back at me then wandered behind a rock only to disappear like a fart in a windstorm. I kinda felt like it was the guys up on the hill thanking me for my respects.

Offline steelman

• PPT Invited
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 10:19:13 AM »
Wow great posts guys ! I love hearing great stories. If anyone else has pictures or an Erie story feel free to hijack the thread. Does anybody else give offerings to the land. I have some times when getting some bad vibes or everything is breaking. My friend who I found the skull with would always sprinkle some tobacco in the rivers he rock hounded and he would find amazing things all the time. I think I'm going to make a habit of it next year and see how my luck goes . I got big plans for next year and some serious time off from work scheduled . Might go back to genesee...

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 136
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 08:19:10 PM »
Hi steelman do you know the story behind tobacco and the meaning too navtives.My birth mother was native from ontario or there abouts never met her until I was 17.I have always hand rolled my cigs and spilled tobacco everywhere.My wife gets angry but my mother liked it on her carpet.never understood that.I leave a trail of tobacco where ever I go and never get bad vibes.Have too wonder sometimes luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.