collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 325 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13016
  • stats Total Posts: 131029
  • stats Total Topics: 18328
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Scrounging Around  (Read 7359 times)

Offline bdp

• Kudos: 0
Scrounging Around
« on: November 20, 2014, 07:18:42 PM »
Now this sounds like the perfect corner to me, the pack rat corner. I have found several useful things in the last few weeks I found a perfectly good 4.5 gallon bucket on the side of the road and put it in the back seat of my car. Then I noticed a funny smell. Apparently someone had used the bucket for chicken "litter" (lots of commercial chicken houses around here)! It still made a nice concentrator. My dad is a truck driver and he has bringing me pallets which I can use for numerous things. I also scrounged around and found some unused floor mats in an old car that I will use for v-matting in my homemade sluice box. I saw some 3/8 plywood on the side of the road this week that was apparently left for garbage. I hesitated and didn't pick it up so of course it was gone by today. My wife is also somewhat of a scrounger, but more of an opportunistic one. She has found knives, sunglasses, ratcheting straps, and other goodies on the side of the road. She is a little less inclined to go "dumpster diving" like me though. Looking forward to hearing some more of your scrounging adventures.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 138
Re: Scrounging Around
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 07:36:00 PM »
Hi. good for you but you might check minors mall or classified on this site can get you some good stuff to .luck .Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline AuTiger

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 5
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 05:57:43 AM »
Hmmm, Sounds like you've hit on a new basis for another Reality? TV show! Better call the Hoffman's and Doyle, I'd like to see them bang their Heads together, NOT their hardhats!

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Ontario, but also prospect in BC
  • Kudos: 39
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 08:31:41 AM »
The side of highways is a great place to find stuff.  I especially like Saturday morning of a long weekend.  Typical things are life jackets, tarps and bungee cords but almost anything can be found including packages, wallets, shoes, gloves, electronics, etc.  I think the lighter stuff fliess off trailers and boats.  The heavier stuff was put on the roof and forgotten or the tail gate was down.  Last weekend, I saw a sealed box on an on-ramp, so pulled over to check it out.  It was 30lbs of wrapped sausage in a sealed cardboard box just sitting ontop of the snow.  It had his name, so I found the owner.  Good thing, because there is no way my wife would have let me bring home street meat.
See my YouTube channel for fun amateur video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnz8kX6AZOeZbRt0F9XqVJA

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
Gold Rat