collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

SDHillbilly

Dot Guests: 159 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12501
  • stats Total Posts: 124043
  • stats Total Topics: 17146
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Help! Looking for Canadian prospectors  (Read 4108 times)

Offline GGlory

• New user
  • Kudos: 0
Help! Looking for Canadian prospectors
« on: July 26, 2007, 08:17:29 AM »
Hello,

I work for a Canadian outdoors magazine and I'm trying to find information on modern prospectors (people who actually attempt to make a living doing it, if that even exists). Any info would be very much appreciated. Please reply or e-mail me.

Thanks!

Offline Phouse

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 2
  • Don't I Wish
Re: Help! Looking for Canadian prospectors
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 01:23:43 AM »
GGlory;

Are you sure you want "real" prospectors?  Sure you don't want to report on a bunch of guys from the city who have studied prospecting and gold-panning for the last twenty years.  Are you sure you don't want to follow that group up to the Tulameen 24,25,26 and 27th of July 2009.  Male bonding in the Canadian Wilderness, believe me, it is aq dynamite story!
American by Birth, Canadian by Choice.  And PROUD of it!

Offline daemdaem

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 09:34:58 AM »
 ;D Hello, Want to see a 3.3 million dollar rock ?? And talk to the prospectors?  Yes  at 85yrs old one of them just drove his D8 75 miles cross country.  My phone number is Allan   250 962 6529   and I am daemdaem (insert @ sign here) yahoo   dot    com
      I have  a method of contacting these folks, however unless it is a disaster they will not come out until the first week in September.  Then I am meeting several to help with assessment work on some new ground near Mayo Yukon. Theses are tough , shy, dedicated prospectors. They will expect you to come to them.   Alternately if you wait until late October they should be home and you will miss your outdoor shots.   Feel free to contact me, and I will pass your message. Allan

Offline Yukon Digger

• Province/State: Yukon Territory
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 07:52:51 AM »
Yukon Prospectors Association should do the trick.