collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 182 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13005
  • stats Total Posts: 130832
  • stats Total Topics: 18306
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: What if ? ... you know of a virgin creek with very coarse gold and ...  (Read 49142 times)

Offline mygrain

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 10
Re: What if ? ... you know of a virgin creek with very coarse gold and ...
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2014, 09:00:45 PM »
ha ha to funny you never heard of eagle river yet you knew I was looking in the north .actually  were the cabin is is not on eagle I just said close

Offline garnetsootheran

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Similkameen Mining District
  • Kudos: 29
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2014, 11:37:29 AM »
Actually mygrain you did give away the location of Eagle creek in your short post. I happen to know that the 40 Mile River is on the border of Alaska and Yukon west of Dawson - that puts it in the north..

I did have to look up Eagle Creek in Robert Coutts' book "Yukon Places and Names" ( get this book if you are interested in Yukon history ).

- Eagle Creek: 67 47 N, 141 00 W, [116 B&C] - a tributary of the Yukon River, north of Fourtymile.
    - E.C. Barnard of the USGS, gave this creek its name in 1898 because the bluffs near its mouth (which is in Alaska) are a favorite nesting place for the bald eagles of the area.

Contrasted with Eagle River, Yukon which R Coutts describes as a large stream flowing from the south into the Porcupine River a few miles below Lapierre House. He says this is where the hunt for the Mad Trapper ended in 1932 after 48 days and 4 gun battles in -40 weather. He was killed in a small ravine about 15 miles above the mouth, February 17th.

Trivia - In Yukon discoverers of gold could name the creek of their discovery. Don't know if you still can (most likely not) but when we found gold we thought of Jewellery Creek ( beautiful coarse gold ) but later thought White Rock Creek would be more fitting as the sluice would fill with barite ( pure white ) rather than blacksand when we were in the gold. Excellent indicator.

Offline mygrain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2014, 10:10:53 PM »
get this. I am looking for a cabin in the yukon, I know the vicinity but not the exact site yet. reason i am looking is to get there and confirm the gold in a anciant chanell.there is over 1200 lbs buried there and i know were its buried,but dont know were the cabin is yet but i am getting close.sounds far fetched and thats good,I know the person who buried it and he or she will cut me a deal soon, the dillema is to get it out safe if you know what i mean. this is true.

Offline garnetsootheran

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Similkameen Mining District
  • Kudos: 29
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2014, 09:08:36 PM »
One thing I have learned about gold stories is that each has some central kernel of truth, just how big that kernel is, is usually tied to just how much the story teller wants to reveal. I hope that your search for that cabin proves successful and that there is a huge kernel of truth in the story.

In most cases of chasing rainbows the act of searching is the prize. Many of the original prospectors were never satisfied with the finding of gold, they had to keep up the chase.

Even though I myself can find good gold on my tenures I too can not seem to stop the chase, the stories lure me ever on.

Good luck to you mygrain, may you always find reward in the chase

Offline mygrain

• PPT Invited
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2014, 11:33:11 PM »
well thx for listening too me and my far fetched story,my partner and I were just with the sorce person and we are going too help him or her as as sickness took him or her away from the yukon to heal. it has been many years since the discovery of the chanel and no claims have been registered now or never,like you said get off the beaten path and explore,its not about the gold its about helping some one find their dream and my dream to.we were told pritty much were it is but the yukon is huge. the finder is going back and bringing out a sample as proof too us.If all is ok we will go next  year after break up by jet boat ,will take us about 2 months too do it. I am very bush smart and that will more than likly be my demise lol thx for your time <-wave->

Gear Pan
Gold Rat