collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

RockSteady

Dot Guests: 126 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12956
  • stats Total Posts: 129925
  • stats Total Topics: 18173
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Fine Gold Cleanup  (Read 44639 times)

Offline AuTiger

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 5
Re: Fine Gold Cleanup
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2015, 05:22:52 AM »
My first experience using a Miller table was Doug' s Brawn model <-good_>. If  the other guys works as good? then they both have something they designed to be proud of!

My Nickel.

Offline old digger

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2015, 06:47:51 AM »
after reading these posts, I couldn't resist waying in . during the many years of sluicing and highbanking like most miners I panned for my clean up and always wanted a easy and full proof revise to get all the clean gold for my efforts.I built many contraptions, some worked fairly well but finally developed THE GOLD FILTER. To my knowledge is the true original clean up sluice like being discussed here.Also built and tried many types of concentrating machines to get down to the pay cons. with the fine gold. If you want to see the original and combo units ,just check my web site<finegoldsluices.com>There have been,and still is quite a few similar clean up sluices , but none of them have the concentrating system and best clean up sluice all in one unit. It's ok for people to make products to help miners recover the gold they worked for. If they are happy and satisfied with the version they have , great, still way better than panning.

Offline Doug Watson

• Province/State: Hoquiam, WA
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2015, 10:13:57 AM »
In response to bmc. So you go back about 4 years? I've had mine out for longer than that and a lot more years behind that with prototypes. Why 3 textures if one catches the gold? You'll also notice that the texture on the Brawn is a varied texture not just a set pattern. Tried the capture pockets in the top and a lot of other places. First they disrupt the water flow causing gold loss and second they end up with sand in them from your recycled water that comes through the pump which defeats the purpose unless you're running clean water through your system. That sounds ok unless you're on a well system where the water pressure changes all the time. You're knocking the 1/4" legs? So you use 3/8 ready rod with a 3/8 coupler nut welded to a washer. So you have to mess around with wing nuts to adjust the table when a simple twist of the leg on mine does it? Why do you need 3/8 to hold up such a light weight piece of equipment? Our new models aren't using ready rod anymore anyway. I'm not trying to slander a Canadian made product or any other country but I've tried really hard not to make anything that looks like such a direct copy of someones product that's already out there. As far as taking years to figure it out? Yes it did because when I did figure it out there wasn't anything on the market like it to take the idea from!

Offline Doug Watson

• Province/State: Hoquiam, WA
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2015, 09:01:33 AM »
I also would like to mention that you have such an accurate disscription of my finisher that you must have at least handled one or bought one to look at?

Offline Brad F

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Harrison Mills, BC
  • Kudos: 11
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2015, 10:46:47 AM »
I bought one of Dougs units back in December, after getting the right angle and water speed it works like the cats' arse as advertised. Personally I would never by an imitation, made the mistake in the past with  products other than prospecting equipment. Why buy a McDonalds Big Mac when you can buy a loaded FATBURGER?
You can take the trash out of the trailer ( Claim Flippers) , but you can't take the trailer (Claim Flippers) out of the trash...

Offline geo-monsters

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2015, 01:41:42 PM »
I do not normally add my two cents in on these post, but get annoyed when they deviate from the topic that was started.
AuTiger started the post on Find gold cleanup and wanted to get members opinions on the Black Scorpion finishing table. Sounds like something I would like to read, other members opinions on that table or one that was the similar. But again it gets taken over by manufactures of each product, each claiming that his is better or who copied who. As i would rather hear from members that actually use the product and have there unbiased opinion and not the manufactures. I can hear that IF I WANT TO from yours or there web sites or youtube channel etc. So please go and start your own post and bicker back and forth at each other there. If you get right down to the point its a water table. Water flow, tilt of table,and type of substrate for gold to grab on to. All are different in there own way. The gold you are trying to catch will make a big difference in performance from one to the other.

Offline bmc

• Province/State: BC
    • Motherlode Prospecting Supplies Ltd.
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2015, 01:18:35 AM »
Well Doug, normally I don't' respond to such pettiness, and I am not the least bit interested in trying to defend myself to you, because that is a total waste of time for obvious reasons, but in the interests of others that may be reading these posts, I will this one last time respond.

With all due respect, the Black scorpion looks nothing like yours, and if you took a close look, you will see that.

A clone or a "knock off" refers to an exact duplicate, my system is NOT a duplicate of yours, and truthfully, I don't really want my system being confused with yours "by any means".

Don't knock someone else simply because you see them as competition. Competition is healthy, and should make you want to improve your product even more, after all, it's the end user that benefits from competition.

Fords, Chev's, Pontiacs, they are all cars (or trucks), they have 4 wheels, an engine, steering wheels, seats, etc., and to someone who has never seen one, they would look all the same, however, they are in continuous competition and the consumer benefits because of that.

You have a product, and I have a similar one - 'BIG DEAL'.  Why I use 3 textures is none of your business, but I find it works.  I use bigger legs to accommodate the "Concentrator Insert" in order to allow a higher angle - I guess you never thought of that - too bad.  The additions actually make the Black Scorpion a "2 n 1 system", so just how does that make it a "COPY" or "CLONE" or "KNOCK OFF"?  That's like comparing  a 2x6  with a full deck!

The Black Scorpion Fine Gold Recovery System, is just that - a "SYSTEM", not just a "TABLE", (like yours) and with the other planned additions looming, it's only going to get better and better - stay tuned!

Now, I'm about done with this thread.  I suggest you move on and improve your product, just like I've improved mine, and stop wasting your time trying to find sympathy by bawling about the competition.

I am not interested in defending myself to you, because you are biased from the start, and only focused on discrediting me and those around me, no matter what the evidence suggests in order to gain sympathy ( or better yet, sales).

I have little time for your petty garbage, and would rather spend my time developing products that have value to my fellow "Canadian's".

Also, don't knock Fred either, he has many years of experience as a prospector, and a very talented fabricator in his own right.  He certainly knows how to recognize something of value in this field, and he also had the opportunity to choose your table or mine, guess which way he went?

Word of advice - stick to your business "BELOW" the 49th parallel. This Canada, not the U.S., and we are NOT one of your POSSESSIONS, nor are we here to support the U.S. economy.
Support Canadian Made Prospecting Supplies - and complain to the Government at any opportunity - just to remind them, YOU are still their boss!

Offline ebuyc

• Weekend Prospector
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Spokane Valley, WA ; USA
  • Kudos: 54
  • 12 yrs of union-demolition, show me the bedrock!
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2015, 07:43:31 AM »
My apologies... I am the one that made the comparison when seeing this thread. I just wanted to give honest feedback about the table I had seen in operation.

I should have thought about the possible flame war that could erupt from calling your product a "knock-off," I was just trying to compliment my friend Doug as he has a complete line of about 2 dozen products he sells through prospectors plus. Now I know Doug has been working on his creations for decades and just assumed your product was a copy. Clearly I did not think about how this would negatively affect this thread - so my apologies to everyone as I feel I kinda started this. So open mouth insert foot...

Since I have never seen this scorpion in action I regret trying to give any feedback at all.

Now as to the last bit about Dragging 'Fred into this' Not sure where that comes from at all and the Canadian product angle - Doug has his products manufactured in Canada now I believe? SMI I think it was. I think Doug is a great guy and helps organize group events and loves helping his fellow prospector. Highest character reference I could give even. So again I am sorry for this negative turn this thread has taken to all.

This thread was about the Black Scorpion not Doug's awesome table - so someone should start a separate thread for it. Of course at this point I would love an unbiased comparison of the twoo side by side  lol!!!@*

Did someone say       

Offline geo-monsters

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2015, 10:57:44 AM »
Ebuyc   I to would like to see them run side by side but that could also run in to problems.

I look forward to reading others options on different recovery systems,and finding out about others I have not heard of before.
By introducing another system is great, to pick it apart is also great. NO DISRESPECT to the person or persons who designed the product as we can all learn from those discussions. The designers can also learn from them as well to improve on there all ready great product.
I Myself like to read a lot of these posts and others to gain knowledge of different systems and there down falls and their merits.
Then take everything I have seen and read to develop and build my own systems. Not saying mine would be better but I'm a builder not a buyer.

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Ontario, but also prospect in BC
  • Kudos: 35
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2015, 11:06:38 AM »
I like this kind of thread where two manufacturers passionately go toe-to-toe about their products.  For a long time, I have considered getting one of these style of concentrators.  I have not pulled the trigger yet, only because the amount of fine gold that I would hope to get out would probably not justify the cost.  However, the price is relatively cheap for either unit.  In the end, the Canadian product costs $20 less plus a savings on the exchange rate.  I would think those of us in Canada would shop here and avoid the shipping/border issues.  

On a different note, here is a tip.  Bake or fry your fine black sand concentrates before cleaning on a table and more micro gold will be released/cracked then you knew you had.  
See my YouTube channel for fun amateur video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnz8kX6AZOeZbRt0F9XqVJA

Gear Pan
Gold Rat