collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 171 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12963
  • stats Total Posts: 130005
  • stats Total Topics: 18183
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Fine Gold Cleanup  (Read 44663 times)

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 130
Re: Fine Gold Cleanup
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 08:13:19 PM »
Hi. Guys thanks for bringing copycats to light.I hate copiers Sounds like our offshore Buddies are at it again <-frustrated-> mad@!# >:( {-censored-} <-shock_>.I want the real deal.Luck mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline Remygoldman

• Province/State: West Kelowna
  • Kudos: 5
  • A U! Got my gold?
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 09:10:26 PM »
Well it sure looks a lot like the tables Doug Watson designed and builds for the Brawn line at Prospectors Plus!

Motherlode prospecting product page

Prospectors Plus Brawn product page

Remygoldman can you see a Brawn logo underneath your sticker??
If not I suspect they are still related to the Brawn table somehow.

But been wrong before ;)

Regardless Doug showed me this table in action on a picnic table last January at the Prospectors Plus Camp Disappointment's beach outing. It was covered in super fine beach gold and appeared to work very very well.

The 'texture' or tooth is simply the texture that comes on the rolls of plastic - one side is smooth and one is textured. All of the plastic drop riffle sluices I have tested were the smooth side except CasluiceBox's GMS tray and Prospector's Plus beach box (super concentrator).

My 2 bits...

I believe he has his own molded but yes they are an exact replica for sure
Building a golden empire one grain at a time

Offline AuTiger

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 5
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 06:59:03 AM »
I thought I was pretty good at doing my cleanups and recovering all my fines. I'am now humbled after 1st time using the Brawn cleanup Table. Man, did I miss a lot! Lesson learned, wish I had kept more of my throw-aways <-thinking->

Offline Doug Watson

• Province/State: Hoquiam, WA
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 12:18:58 AM »
When I first developed it I grabbed some left over black sand I had and thought the same thing. I'm glad you like the table. After you get gold on the table you can turn the water way down and sweep the gold into a pile to snuffer up.

Offline Brad F

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Harrison Mills, BC
  • Kudos: 11
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2014, 06:26:16 PM »
Just received my Brawn table in the mail today! Gonna set it up tomorrow night after I build a table for it. Thanks for the tips Doug and ebuyc! 8)
You can take the trash out of the trailer ( Claim Flippers) , but you can't take the trailer (Claim Flippers) out of the trash...

Offline DeanRessell1

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2015, 11:06:41 AM »
I am looking for a large Miller table. About 4 to 6 times the size of these units,
Any ideas would be appreciated. I am looking for a professional grade unit, not sometime I can build at home
Thanks

Offline bmc

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 1
    • Motherlode Prospecting Supplies Ltd.
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 11:28:14 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Well, I 'm the guy that builds the Black Scorpion Fine Gold Recovery System, and I'm about fed up with people ( mostly "Partisan" ) trying to slander a "Canadian Made" product I have spent a long time and a lot of money to produce, because they are afraid it will cut into their "Profits".

It isn't a copy any more than sluices are copies, wheels are copies, gold pans are copies, or a million other things. Perhaps I should have made it in the form of a "Pie Plate"? - well, let's get real.

I've worked on this system for over 4 years, and still have prototypes made from Aluminum, Fiberglass, Plexiglass, you name it.  I have also have taken courses in water hydraulics, and under stand the dynamics of water flow, the polarity issues related to water flow, and have been prospecting for approximately 30+ years.

The Black Scorpion?  Here is the difference.  Brawn has ONE texture, which is basically the hair cell that comes naturally on the ABS sheet - period.  Get a flat sheet of ABS, glue some sides on it, and there you go - and that took "Years" to figure out??

The Scorpion has 3 textures, fine, medium and course.  The first texture is the natural hair cell, granted, but the other two are proprietary and embedded into to the table. 

The Black Scorpion also has capture pockets at the top (Brawn has none) and it's fed by 2 water jets enclosed in the housing unit (Brawn has one) - I agree, the distribution housing is similar, so what, so do dozens of others, hardly proprietary, and a check on YouTube will show lots of them for various products. 

Everyone with any intelligence knows a diffusion mat of some sort is required to reduce or remove air bubbles from the water.  That is also not exactly "Proprietary" - it's common knowledge - RCM puts one in their S1 Concentrator, they use Miners Moss, I use Furnace Filter Material.  If you use Cotton, it would do the same thing - another weak argument at best.

The bottom Drop Riffle, I got off watching a U-Tube video ( ok, guilty of copying what I thought was a good idea ), and sure, I put it on my first series, but soon found it to not as efficient as I would like it, and have since changed it to something completely different in the Series II.

The rear Legs on the Scorpion are a sturdy 3/8" x 13" with real steel feet, and adjusted using wing-nuts, not spindly 1/4" ready rod that look about 8", and appear to screw into a threaded ABS flange and a cheap "Nut Cap".

Here is a picture of the Series II ( Guess I should be careful, it might get copied ) - lol

Support Canadian Made Prospecting Supplies - and complain to the Government at any opportunity - just to remind them, YOU are still their boss!

Offline bmc

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 1
    • Motherlode Prospecting Supplies Ltd.
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 11:55:59 PM »
Oh yes, I  want to add, I've also designed a "Concentrating Sluice Insert" that fits into the Scorpion, a Tub Stand with Tailings Box, pump mount and Suction Bottle holder. You be the judge.
Support Canadian Made Prospecting Supplies - and complain to the Government at any opportunity - just to remind them, YOU are still their boss!

Offline steve 009

• Kudos: 4
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 08:07:40 AM »
Good Morning BMC I am very interested in purchasing a Black Scorpion 11,any place on Vancouver Island that i could buy one Thank You Steve

Offline Pepito

• Kudos: 4
  • seek and ye shall find
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2015, 02:08:22 PM »
BJ stop acting so childish.  Do you really think having a lot of post gives you any credibility?  You should give the guy a break and be glad he (bmc) had the guts to become a member and come on here and explain his side of the story.  If Doug doesn't have a patent, then it's his own fault.  Truth be known, he (Doug) probably saw something he liked from someone else/somewhere else and copied some of those ideas too.  There's an awful lot of aluminium highbankers being made out there that look very similar. Why aren't you beating all of them as well.  Not trying to create a problem here but lets be a little more respectful of the members here on this board.   <-good_>
If at first you don't succeed,  KEEP SHOVELING.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat