collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dorion

Dot Guests: 182 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12964
  • stats Total Posts: 130006
  • stats Total Topics: 18183
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Fine Gold Cleanup  (Read 44664 times)

Offline AuTiger

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 5
Fine Gold Cleanup
« on: August 04, 2014, 05:20:01 AM »
Anyone had the opportunity to run the BLACK SCORPION cleanup table? I see its available from 2 stores in Kelowna. I believe it may be manufactured in Kelowna, correct me if I'm Wrong! The wash surface of the Table sounds interesting!!

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Ontario, but also prospect in BC
  • Kudos: 35
Re: Fine Gold Cleanup
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 05:56:58 AM »
I have not used it, but talked to the fellow that makes it and he said it works really well. 
See my YouTube channel for fun amateur video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnz8kX6AZOeZbRt0F9XqVJA

Offline Remygoldman

• Province/State: West Kelowna
  • A U! Got my gold?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 09:42:51 AM »
I just got the PRO kit from Bryan down at motherlode. I believe he produces them here in kelowna and they sell for a fair price is say. Not cheap but not pricey just fair. The surface has these impression on it similar to a finger print in size and shape. The micro gold gets caught in these divots or impressions quite easily while light materials blows by. As far as I'm concerned it's an essential part of my clean out. I was bored and wanting to test it out and ran some cons that have been panned ran through a gold wheel and a blue bowl and I was absolutely stunned at the amount of fine gold I was recovering. I also managed to find a few nice pieces that managed to escape the first assault of clean ups. One thing I don't care for is the drop out zone that have been created for capturing your gold. I find the brush seems to blow out the drop zone unless you are uber slow. I find just burying your values with black sand at the top keeps em all where you want em and it takes no time at all where the drop zones allow for blow outs and waste time. I tend to run a bunch of cons until my black sand pile is getting pretty large. Then I fan it out and start working the black sand until it's basically sale quality gold. Run the guzzler right on the table. All and all this tools is FANTASTIC!!!!
Building a golden empire one grain at a time

Offline ebuyc

• Weekend Prospector
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Spokane Valley, WA ; USA
  • Kudos: 54
  • 12 yrs of union-demolition, show me the bedrock!
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 11:19:43 AM »
Well it sure looks a lot like the tables Doug Watson designed and builds for the Brawn line at Prospectors Plus!

Motherlode prospecting product page

Prospectors Plus Brawn product page

Remygoldman can you see a Brawn logo underneath your sticker??
If not I suspect they are still related to the Brawn table somehow.

But been wrong before ;)

Regardless Doug showed me this table in action on a picnic table last January at the Prospectors Plus Camp Disappointment's beach outing. It was covered in super fine beach gold and appeared to work very very well.

The 'texture' or tooth is simply the texture that comes on the rolls of plastic - one side is smooth and one is textured. All of the plastic drop riffle sluices I have tested were the smooth side except CasluiceBox's GMS tray and Prospector's Plus beach box (super concentrator).

My 2 bits...
Did someone say       

Offline Doug Watson

• Province/State: Hoquiam, WA
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 12:50:04 PM »
No they aren't any part of us! You'd at least think they would change the design some instead of a direct copy! Thanks.

Offline Doug Watson

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 01:14:39 PM »
I've been building our finish table for several years now and this is a copy of ours not the original with a sticker on it. SMI in Langley BC handles ours so you might contact them. Thanks, Doug.

Offline ebuyc

• Weekend Prospector
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Spokane Valley, WA ; USA
  • Kudos: 54
  • 12 yrs of union-demolition, show me the bedrock!
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 01:26:03 PM »
I've been building our finish table for several years now and this is a copy of ours not the original with a sticker on it. SMI in Langley BC handles ours so you might contact them. Thanks, Doug.

SMI Electronics?
I searched for a website - to help others out, no luck. Where else can people get the Brawn line in Canada??

Yeah Doug your design is so good it now has a knock-off!  mad@!#

Thanks Doug for your great finish table - I better buy one now; so I have one of the 'originals!'  [-1st-]

Did someone say       

Offline Doug Watson

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 01:39:13 PM »
You can see them here.
Concentrator | SMI Electronics

Offline AuTiger

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Alberta
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 06:34:35 PM »
My apologies, didn't mean to open up a can of worms!! I pretty much liked what I saw and as usual was looking for some feedback. Did not know about the Brawn original model, definitely the spittin image of one another, thanks to all for the replys!!

Offline Doug Watson

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 07:26:33 PM »
Don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong. I've been 42 years working with the fine gold we get off our beaches here. Our finisher has been out about 4 years now with a lot of years of trial and err before. It doesn't surprise me that someone wants to take a short cut.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat