collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

beav

Dot Guests: 131 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12977
  • stats Total Posts: 130236
  • stats Total Topics: 18221
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Falcon MD20 adjustment  (Read 6035 times)

Offline daddydave

• Kudos: 0
Falcon MD20 adjustment
« on: April 26, 2014, 08:28:50 AM »
The MD20 is a VERY sensitive sensor.  Recently acquired one that was beyond adjustment so called Falcon and talked with Wally.  Over the phone he guided me to adjust the 'sensitivity' pot in order to realign the unit.  It now works according to the factory instructions.  I'm very impressed with this company and the MD20 for what it is designed for.   <-yahoo_>

Offline J-Bear

• J-Bear
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 5
Re: Falcon MD20 adjustment
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 10:24:09 AM »
I had a similar experience. The MD-20 is an excellent gold probe. I just didn't understand how to tune it and they offered immediate technical support.
JR

Offline jobinyt

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 19
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 08:14:03 PM »
Interesting - I bought one last year. Took it to YT. Worked  fine a few times, then over perhaps 10 minutes using probe in water, unit got progressively more sensitive- I'd turn it down, until settings were  at minimum and unit squeeled constantly. I had no way to call Falcon but managed to send 3-4 emails over next 6 or so weeks describing problem and asking what I should do. I never received a reply. Three months into its 5 year warranty  I got NO customer  service. After sitting unused for several months it appeared to again work fine but I'll never again trust it around water - a claimed capability I intended to put to heavy use. So, here are two people that both had problems with their MD20's, and (giving Falcon the benefit of the doubt ) 4 requests for customer service that received a 25% response rate - not my idea of a reliable product or responsible company.

Offline jobinyt

• PPT Invited
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 06:05:10 PM »
I called Wally today. Easy to get phone. Installed new batteries, opened case and made adjustment, unit seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the advice.

Online beav

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: NS
  • Kudos: 10
  • Keep yer pan wet, and Butt dry!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 06:13:11 PM »
Do you mind telling us what the adjustment procedures are?
Thanks

Beav

Offline jobinyt

• PPT Invited
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 07:50:18 PM »
Beav - There are. several possible adjsments that might be made inside the case. . Wally talked me through a  test to see what/if an adjustment was needed - it was - then talked me through the adjustment fitting the test results. The tests run and adjustment made were not a general tuning procedure they were specific to my particular problem. Applying what we did as a general alignment - or to other symptoms with unkownntest results would likely worsen performance.  I suggest you call Wally if you have concerns your system's performance is not optimal.  As an electronic technician myself I'd like to have the full alignment procedure - but as a technician I know that nutting such information in the hands of the general public would likely cause more problems than it solves.

Online beav

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: NS
  • Kudos: 10
  • Keep yer pan wet, and Butt dry!
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 04:04:44 PM »
Good points.

Beav

Gear Pan
Gold Rat