collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 163 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 1

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12990
  • stats Total Posts: 130591
  • stats Total Topics: 18276
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Conveyor 2 build...well rebuild  (Read 7079 times)

Offline dmandz

• Province/State: Hinton, Alberta
  • Kudos: 0
  • Work smarter not harder!!!
Conveyor 2 build...well rebuild
« on: March 22, 2014, 09:54:57 AM »
Hi all

Well I am rebuilding my little conveyor belt and I could use some info.  I need new belting and the used belting I had from last year wore out.  Does anyone know of a good place to buy belting in Alberta?  Preferable in Edmonton?  I need belting that is about 3/16" thick and 9"-10" wide.  Anything thicker does not go around the bottom roller too well as it is 2 1/2" diameter.  I googled conveyor belt and found a couple places in Edmonton, sent them emails a few days ago but haven't heard anything back from them. 

Offline Goldcrow

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 3
Re: Conveyor 2 build...well rebuild
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 11:28:50 AM »
Check with local sawmills, sand & gravel processors, used equipment dealers, junk dealers/recyclers.
Work smart..and hard

Offline yupthatsme001

• Kudos: 2
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 09:23:03 AM »
Just wondering if you found anything?  You could try round baler belting. comes in various widths and lengths.  I'm building a couple with it right now...

Offline dmandz

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 09:39:59 AM »
Hey Yup

That's is what I have found, baler belting.  Found a few places in Edmonton that have it at about $4/ ft, but they have limited stock of the hammer on lacing for it.  For the new lacing you nee a special lacing tool and it costs about $300!!!  Looking at going to get some later this week.  What are you using for lacing yours together?

Offline yupthatsme001

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 09:49:38 AM »
the belting that i get is from Peavy mart.  Comes with it installed.  I am looking at getting the tool, as i have used it a lot before.  It only takes seconds with it. Down time = $$$ Just is it worth it...?  There is also a used farm parts store north of Grande Prairie that might have some supplies of such nature.  I Haven't stopped in yet, as I wanted to start with new belting on the build.

Offline nuggetnut

• Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 07:03:25 PM »
Here is two places for you to check out. Infinity Belting in Stony Plain 780-963-3084. I bought some used stuff from them last year. Good price range for what I bought. Also, try ProEx Trading at the St. Albert airport (north of town) 800-256-6871 or 780-459-8181. Be careful...ProEx to a miner is like a candy store to a kid. That's all they sell...used mining equipment. NN

Offline dmandz

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 09:40:52 PM »
Hey Nuggetnut
Thanks for the info, going to Infinity this week to see what they have.  Going to stay away from ProEx cause I am a...fat kid and it sounds like they are a ...smarty!!!  lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@*.  Just don't know if I can restrain myself if they have anything new (to me) and shiny (my precious). 

Offline stonechipper

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 08:52:39 AM »
Hi Dimandz,
If memory serves me correct, I bought some belting for an elk squeeze about 15 years ago form I think it was continental rubber in Edmonton, they had all kinds of design and sizes, as they supply all industry with belts. Check it out, if name is wrong try the yellow pages as I know for sure there is at least one supplier in Edmonton.

Offline yupthatsme001

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 08:26:31 PM »
Dimandz....just wondering how fast your conveyor is running?   How did it turn out?   Pics? Videos?   I got sideswipped by the wife's "honey do list"  :'( .  Now that I'm back in the saddle again I'm revisiting my project.... <_miner_>

Offline Bearman1976

• Province/State: innisfail
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 06:12:32 PM »
if you need baler belting I have about 4 rolls that are 30 feet long each they are used belting I get it from work I get them quite often

Gear Pan
Gold Rat