collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

beavBCGQC

Dot Guests: 111 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12956
  • stats Total Posts: 129928
  • stats Total Topics: 18173
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: need advice operating a concentrating table  (Read 2796 times)

Offline azdave35

• Kudos: 0
need advice operating a concentrating table
« on: February 24, 2014, 05:39:03 PM »
i bought a used magnadyne table made by pyramid industries and i need help with the water distribution spraybar..it has a spraybar running down the middle of the table with 32 individual adjustable jets..i have tried a few different water pumps and most seem to have too much pressure...and if i use a small boat bilge pump i end up constantly adjusting each jet...i get one going good and lose another...has anyone here used one of these tables and could give me some advice?...the spraybar is 3/4 pvc pipe with plastic 1/4 inch bolts used for jets...seems like a chincy way to do it but thats the way it came from the factory [ Invalid Attachment ]

Offline jcazgoldchaser

• Kudos: 4

Offline azdave35

Re: need advice operating a concentrating table
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 07:34:18 AM »
thanks for the videos..i've ran alot of conventional tables but this one is a little different..especially the spraybar....everyone seems to have trouble with these tables from what i have been reading..i was hoping someone on the forum had used one and had some tips

Offline azau

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Arizona
  • Kudos: 7
  • If it can't be grown. it must be mined!
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 09:09:52 AM »
Have you tried a rheostat controller to adjust pump speed on larger pumps?  This may help you achieve optimum pressure throughout the spray bar so that flow can be better controlled.  Also, if I remember correctly, a larger diameter spray bar will reduce the PSI at the jets giving you even more adjustability.    

Offline Sir Pans Alot

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 23
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 10:25:46 AM »
Maybe Gollymrscience can jump in and shed some light.

I have heard that all tables have to be carefully watched and adjusted while processing cons. As any table, classify your cons into different sizes and run that single size through your table, then you won't spend as much time constantly adjusting.

As for the spray bar issues:
if I was going to take a stab and your problem it sounds like you have to much pressure building up in your primary chamber where the little tap/drip things feed out off. What if you were to add a main valve right before the water enters your main chamber. This way you can control the pressure that is in your main chamber and have the taps dripping water instead of pressure washing your material. You can still use the higher pressure pump.

Offline azdave35

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 11:37:31 AM »
it does have a ball valve before the spraybar..i was hoping  Gollymrscience would see this and chime in..i'm pretty sure he has ran one of these before

Offline jcazgoldchaser

• Kudos: 4
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 09:59:33 PM »
thanks for the videos..i've ran alot of conventional tables but this one is a little different..especially the spraybar....everyone seems to have trouble with these tables from what i have been reading..i was hoping someone on the forum had used one and had some tips
It's pvc.  Rip it out and replace it with an easy to adjust system.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat