collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 177 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13005
  • stats Total Posts: 130833
  • stats Total Topics: 18306
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: READ AND WEEP - NEW FEES !!  (Read 39627 times)

Offline mygrain

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 10
Re: READ AND WEEP - NEW FEES !!
« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2014, 03:40:38 PM »
I am not paying these bandits but I will still prospect final.

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 52
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2014, 05:17:58 PM »

Had a chat with yet another Ministry official who also acknowledged the large volume of responses they’d been getting, and it was said that they are now taking our concerns more seriously.  To what degree, is yet to be identified.  We should, however, keep pressing until they formally commit to either scrapping such proposal or otherwise revamping it to such degree that placer miners would find acceptable.  And, they should also include the miners themselves to weigh in on any new plans before they initiate any level of action.

In another thread I expressed what I personally felt would be a good compromise for mechanized operations, which to me, sounds fair and reasonable.  All the while, bearing zero effect on hand operations – which means the continued use of equipment up to and including a highbanker and an inch and a half pump. 

Keep the letters and phone calls going to all pertinent politicians and press them to commit their support.
Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Offline nite hawk

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 10
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2014, 11:46:33 AM »
Class action lawsuits are great attention getters, but the problem is who has the money and time to initiate and carry through the whole issue?? I believe the government is counting on that fact to keep on with their agenda to strangle the small placer miner,,- in my opinion..
If they go about it slowly, one step at a time it isn't as noticable.
Just like the old story-
Put a frog in boiling water and it will try to jump out,,
Put them in warm water and turn on the stove burner and they get used to the temperature difference gradually, and they don't notice till they are in boiling water and cooked and it is too late.
My opinion is the government is slowly "cooking our goose" and if it is done slowly one step at a time it won"t be noticed until we are all gone.
We will either be big production or won't be out there, as we won't be able to afford the fees to even get started up.
If the government gets their way it will be a minimum of $5000-$10,000 in fees and that is before a wheel has turned with the equipment, fuel etc. costs
$5000 bond, $2000 application fee, besides all the paperwork, and in some cases hiring someone to help with the paperwork.Then equipment, fuel, travel costs etc.
If you plan sometimes in the future to be involved in equipment use, and haven't taken 15-20 minutes of your day to drop Chris Smith and other politicians a note telling them to drop the extreme fees that no one else has to pay , ( loggers, hardrock miners etc)
I strongly encourage you to do so...

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Larry
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2014, 06:46:25 PM »

I second your Motion, Nite Hawk - - every member of this Forum ought to be taking the small bit of time it takes to announce their position to Ministry folks, and, to every MLA in the power positions, until they commit to disallow any proposed changes of the Mineral Tenure Act which would create a pathway under which they could then introduce the proposed fee hikes into legislation.  Anyone in BC that’s interested in placer mining, should jump on board before it’s too late.

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Larry
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2014, 08:19:42 PM »
So…….. how many letters to politicians did ‘you’ mail out this week ?   Every single person truly interested in continuing with this enjoyment should be onboard.

Offline swampdweller

• Province/State: Lac du bonnet manitoba
  • Kudos: 2
  • Welcome to da swamp!
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2014, 09:57:01 PM »
I'm with you! Emails been sent no replys.
No mountains too high or waters too deep can keep me away from the gold in my sleep!

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Larry
« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2014, 01:37:50 AM »

Keep persisting and persisting through requesting that the named recipient replies personally, thence solicit their support through opposing MEM fee proposals.

Offline Lalena

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2014, 09:19:57 PM »
 I contacted my MLA and she suggested I notify the Minister. So not knowing which Minister she meant I contacted four of them that looked appropriate.  <-dont~know->

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Larry
« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2014, 05:32:47 PM »
Had another call from yet another Ministry representative the other day, and according to what I've been told, they are changing their position regarding the proposed fee hikes.  Nevertheless, I think it would be prudent that each of you keep making your queries toward seeking their ironclad assurances.  And settle for nothing less.  Otherwise, the campaign carries on.  We cannot let up on the heat until our goal is won.

Each and every single one of you holding an interest in BC ground, should be on board with this.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat