collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

mcbain

Dot Guests: 211 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12981
  • stats Total Posts: 130391
  • stats Total Topics: 18246
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: "The Curse Of Oak Island"  (Read 185591 times)

Offline Easy_C

• Kudos: 1
Re: "The Curse Of Oak Island"
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2015, 04:50:27 PM »
 I have a theory about Oak Island......   And it has to do with sea levels. As we all know... hundreds of years ago the ocean was much lower.

SO my theory is that IF there is tunnels and such on the island... they were made while the sea level was much much lower. Then when the sea levels rose... it flooded out everything. People think its traps but maybe it's just coming straight in an old tunnel entrance below sea level....

I dunno if the change has been big enough... but just a thought that popped into my head the other day while watching it

Offline bruno

• Province/State: Coquitlam
  • Kudos: 13
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2015, 05:22:34 PM »
Easy_C according to this report sea levels haven't changed much more than a few inches over the past 6000 years.
Sea level rise over past century unmatched in 6,000 years, says study | Environment | The Guardian
"The rise in sea levels seen over the past century is unmatched by any period in the past 6,000 years, according to a lengthy analysis of historical sea level trends.

The reconstruction of 35,000 years of sea level fluctuations finds that there is no evidence that levels changed by more than 20cm in a relatively steady period that lasted between 6,000 years ago and about 150 years ago.

This makes the past century extremely unusual in the historical record, with about a 20cm rise in global sea levels since the start of the 20th century."

Online mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 132
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2015, 06:48:50 PM »
Easy_C according to this report sea levels haven't changed much more than a few inches over the past 6000 years.
Sea level rise over past century unmatched in 6,000 years, says study | Environment | The Guardian
"The rise in sea levels seen over the past century is unmatched by any period in the past 6,000 years, according to a lengthy analysis of historical sea level trends.

The reconstruction of 35,000 years of sea level fluctuations finds that there is no evidence that levels changed by more than 20cm in a relatively steady period that lasted between 6,000 years ago and about 150 years ago.

This makes the past century extremely unusual in the historical record, with about a 20cm rise in global sea levels since the start of the 20th century."
Hi guys.Sea levels may not have changed muchBUT LAND mass has.They have been finding old village sites  way out under the oceans.I Have dug up seashells 200ft above the ocean .This tells me that the earths crust is constantly moving and may explain many mysteries.My 2bits Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline GoldRetrieving

• Kudos: 3
  • Gold Is Tried By Fire... Men By Adversity.
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2016, 07:09:05 AM »
It's good to see Nolan come onboard and bring with him all his knowledge and maps. That should add pieces to the puzzle and help fill in some of the gaps.

These guys are getting older, be nice to solve the mystery while they are still alive, some of these guys have worked on this puzzle for over 50 years!!!

GR  <-good_>

Offline Top Cat

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Langley BC
  • Kudos: 26
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2016, 06:01:25 AM »
I would like to see them bring up some real Treasure but I have my doubts.

Offline bruno

• Province/State: Coquitlam
  • Kudos: 13
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2016, 07:55:12 AM »
This show seems to be a waste of time, typical reality show. So last night they discover a possible ship wreck and also a triangle shaped rock under the ocean. What are they going to investigate? The rock that points to a triangle on land.  What is the point? Wouldn't the ship be more interesting?

Offline Ontario_Andy

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2016, 08:59:02 AM »
Seems like they are realizing if anything is actually down there it is too far down and too dangerous to get to. The piece of wood post they dug up definitely looks modern and that was pretty much the climax of the show. I'm thinking they make enough from the show and are just trying to drag it out as long as they can.

Offline GoldRetrieving

• Gold Is Tried By Fire... Men By Adversity.
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2016, 06:35:46 AM »
A Mysterious Roman Sword will be featured on the show to be aired on Jan. 19, 2016

I wonder what that is all about!!!  <-good_>

GR

Offline Jbunce-QuartzCreekDS

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2016, 12:40:55 PM »
How do you guys feel about the NMRI method used on season 3 episode 2? Seems like an interesting piece of tech. my only question is if it does what they claim why didn't they follow up on it and also why isn't everyone using it? Almost to good to be true but the show passes by things to fast it seems so its hard to know if it worked or if they just drag everything out, In season 4 are they going to be like we decided to revisit the NMRI and boom we found gold instead of digging up a useless iron ping?

https://youtu.be/mR4yBiGQZOo