GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM
Last Shout - Posted by: DirtHogg - Monday, 22 September 2014 06:48
The Spell of the Yukon:There's Gold,and it's haunting and haunting:It's luring me on as of old;Yet it isn't the gold that im wanting So much as just finding the gold.Robert Service
Welcome To The Canadian Gold Prospecting Forum.
Please consider registering to gain full access! - Its free and only takes a few seconds to complete - Click Here.

Gold Prospecting Forums, Gold Prospecting Forum

September 22, 2014, 03:10:55 AM *
A A A A
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
gold prospecting equipment
News: ★★ Join now to access the new downloads section comprising of 52
(and growing) diy prospecting equipment plans, and educational materials. Just click register, make two posts and enjoy. It's that simple!!★★

Home   Blog Search Register  

GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM

Gold Prospecting Forum.

Gold prospectors forum

DIY mining equipment homemade prospecting tools.

Gold Prospecting Forums

GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM mining forum, canadian prospecting forum, american gold prospecting forum. GOLD PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT

GOLD PROSPECTORS NETWORK

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Illegal to pan for gold in Quebec under Enviroment quality act law act 22  (Read 705 times)
Ti-buck
Trade Count: (0)

Canada Canada

Province/ State: Quebec

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 0

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« on: January 26, 2014, 09:26:26 PM »

Can anyone explain or fig this one out beside  our rights as a people and not as a corporation to go out and simply pan for gold as a hobby!

MRN- Mining Mineral Substances in Lakes and Watercourses

http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=2&file=/Q_2/Q2_A.html  Act 22

Ti-buck

Canada Canada

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 09:28:17 PM »

Btw i got this answer after many many E mails and phone calls to Gestim
crewcut

Canada Canada

Province/ State: British Columbia

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 5

My 30 day Activity
2%

Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 11:11:42 PM »

Can anyone explain or fig this one ...

Uhhh, too many government employees collecting easy government cheques.? Yes?

Ti-buck

Canada Canada

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 07:28:41 AM »

hard to say! btw guys those are two different links  and my i ask if anyone eles read this and are u getting to the same  canclusions that i am or im I simply reading it wrong ?? must be some one on here from QC that has had some experince with this issue.
Pat-Pan

Canada Canada

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 03:00:23 PM »

Both Links bring me to a white blank page.

I'm a new prospector and learning more everyday, so my info could be wrong. I bought a prospecting license for Quebec last summer, and I found out that it's not worth much. I called to find out where I could go prospecting and they told me to go to their site and load maps. Then I asked about testing some lands to see if there's any potential, and they told me that I am not allowed to highbank/ sluice/ dig/ or even pan, they said all I could do is hike out the land by view only.

What use is it to have a prospecting license if you can't prospect,,, That's Quebec for you..

I'm not sure of all the Reg's, but rumors say it's very steep.
Ti-buck

Canada Canada

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 04:27:29 PM »

That  Is exactly what was told to me as well as they told  you , I could sample rock faces  but panning was not allowed unless had a form ask and fill out by the department Endearment which we both know it paper work and  money. And not even with a min sampling ! Basically telling us  we could either use  a metal detector or hope to find a picker loll which is very unlikely!  And just at ask u loll did you have a good time trying to get them on the phone to actually talk to  you ?? 

Pat-Pan

Canada Canada

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 04:41:27 PM »

To get to talk to them, I sent them an email to contact me, and it took 4days before they called..  Bunch of crap.. 

Is Ontario the same?? Maybe us Quebecer's sure gather up and get a claim in Ontario.. lol
Pat-Pan

Canada Canada

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 04:50:40 PM »

Here's something else that grinds my gears.

I hate that here in Montreal Quebec we have no gold prospecting store's, I would love to walk in a store here and choose a sluice..

I hate that when I go on youtube I see only under 10 Quebec prospecting video's, and in BC region you see 100's.

I hate that anywhere you go in quebec, the likely hood of meeting another Prospector close to you are very slim. I say over 75% quebecer's have no idea what gold prospecting is. lol

Is the Quebec Gouv blocking all media and info and ablility to open and prospecting store, to avoid people digging everywhere?  Shock   L-M-A-O  L-M-A-O  L-M-A-O
Dragline

Dirty rivers need vacuuming

Canada Canada

Province/ State: BC

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 2

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 07:55:55 AM »

Seems mighty hypocritical of the government to allow major mining outfits to splatter open pit mines all over the land and not allow a prospector to diddle a few creeks here and there. After all how do you think those mines came to be in the first place?

They fail to remember that the lonely prospector does all the ground work for them, mostly at our own expense I might add. Today, they do a prospecting survey, which consist of hiring dozens of college kids and ex tree planters. They drive to a location and send em out to gather surface samples from outcrops and soil samples. The kids leave the bag samples in piles at the side of the road for sampling. They don't test with pans anymore! They do grab samples and chemical analysis. So just like the old time feller has been replaced by the feller buncher, so too has the panner prospector.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Mining Advertising

Sandvik

Unique Hits: 32491185 Total Page Views: 47435099