collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 188 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13005
  • stats Total Posts: 130828
  • stats Total Topics: 18306
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Small cleanup sluice with simple auto feeder  (Read 9893 times)

Offline idled

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: edmonton alberta
  • Kudos: 10
  • Duane
Small cleanup sluice with simple auto feeder
« on: October 06, 2013, 07:23:18 PM »
I set up a small clean up sluice with a simple auto feeder for the black sand. It took about 1 hour to empty the auto feeder from 3/4 full to empty.
With the bottle at a 45 degree angle as the sand washes out it causes a vacum in the bottle and draws water back up, so the bottle never goes empty.
I have set this up a couple of times, but I always ran it with the bottle straight up and down and it
always ends up getting vapor locked. This time with it a 45 degres you can see the sand running down the spout
and the very light material is flowing up the spout with the water. It's kind of cool the way it works, if you watch the close ups on the spout
you can see the heavies and light going in the oppisite directions.

Clean up sluice with auto feeder - YouTube

Offline GoldRetrieving

• Kudos: 3
  • Gold Is Tried By Fire... Men By Adversity.
Re: Small cleanup sluice with simple auto feeder
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 11:14:30 AM »
I built a feeder hopper for my California Bucket Sluice, work great, and while it's feeding I can pan down my previous run  <-good_>

CBS04.jpgCBS02.jpgCBS02.jpgCBS02.jpg

Offline jcinid

• Province/State: Snake River Valley, ID
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 11:29:45 PM »
Nice job to both Idled and GR. But GR, where did you find that plastic tub? Is it an oil dispenser of some kind? And what is that blue piece that adapts the clear tubing? Sorry for all the questions.....Joel
JC

Offline GoldRetrieving

• Kudos: 3
  • Gold Is Tried By Fire... Men By Adversity.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 07:04:01 AM »
Hi There, The plastic tub was purchased at Canadian Tire for Approx. $8 and it came with the clear tube and the blue adapter, the blue adapter actually opens and closes with a twist, and can be used for a flow control. There was also a metal screen inside, but you will need to remove it. I cut the tube right at the water level with the sluice running and the slight surface tension seemed to help the material flow from the hopper at a controlled rate. The hopper will help process quite a bit more material than with a spoon, so much time is lost with the spoon scooping and feeding. This will easily run 4X the material in the same time span without over feeding the sluice.

Offline ebuyc

• Weekend Prospector
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Spokane Valley, WA ; USA
  • Kudos: 54
  • 12 yrs of union-demolition, show me the bedrock!
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 09:24:12 AM »
Nice setups indeed!
Did someone say       

Offline Ambrose

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Mission, BC
  • Kudos: 4
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 01:44:29 PM »
Thank you for the 45 degree angle tip.  I was always having trouble with my hopper stopping and or plugging up.  A real nuicsance when you have to constantly baby sit it.
Ambrose
Ambrose
"Everyday I Learn Something New"

Offline jcinid

• Province/State: Snake River Valley, ID
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 05:32:32 PM »
Hi There, The plastic tub was purchased at Canadian Tire for Approx. $8 and it came with the clear tube and the blue adapter, the blue adapter actually opens and closes with a twist, and can be used for a flow control. There was also a metal screen inside, but you will need to remove it. I cut the tube right at the water level with the sluice running and the slight surface tension seemed to help the material flow from the hopper at a controlled rate. The hopper will help process quite a bit more material than with a spoon, so much time is lost with the spoon scooping and feeding. This will easily run 4X the material in the same time span without over feeding the sluice.

Thank you very much for the info. I have ordered a CA Bucket Sluice now I just need to look for the plastic oil dispenser assembly here in the U.S.
JC

Offline johanssonsan

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Marsta Sweden
  • Kudos: 8
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 07:51:59 AM »

I can not find the plastic tub at Canadian Tire. Can I have a link or a hint where to find it?

Gear Pan
Gold Rat