collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 155 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13069
  • stats Total Posts: 131937
  • stats Total Topics: 18429
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: private prospecting talk board  (Read 16839 times)

Offline PeachlandJoe

• Kudos: 11
Re: private prospecting talk board
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 02:30:54 PM »
I heard that the initiation involves sliding down a 20' riffle sluice naked whilst shouting, "Pan, pan, rocker and sluice, set me up with some of that fermented juice!"
I might be wrong though ......

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 146
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2016, 06:19:11 PM »
Hi.Guys.I will try to explain (PPT).It is something earned.Takes a whole lot of posts or some very good posts.Not every one is invited.Lets say someone makes a post regarding the use of Acids.It will be moved to PPT invited,so the general public can not see it.Those having PPT invited can veiw and comment on said post.The new comer will not see it..or be able too comment.There are many members that have lots of stars or awards that are not invited.Not sure how  they determine who gets this privlidge,But is earned not something you can apply for.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline gordmanca

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 8
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2016, 06:48:00 PM »
Hi.Guys.I will try to explain (PPT).It is something earned.Takes a whole lot of posts or some very good posts.Not every one is invited.Lets say someone makes a post regarding the use of Acids.It will be moved to PPT invited,so the general public can not see it.Those having PPT invited can veiw and comment on said post.The new comer will not see it..or be able too comment.There are many members that have lots of stars or awards that are not invited.Not sure how  they determine who gets this privlidge,But is earned not something you can apply for.Luck Mcbain.

Well then why isn't Peachland Joe a member, he's obviously on acid!!  <-hypnotized->
And I slide down lot's of stuff naked while highly fermented, and I'm not invited to your silly little immature sissy PPT thingy?
Joe you can join my new,  really fun, super duper secret thread. We call ourselves the "Non-PPT Live's Matter Club".
Self made Bullionaire.

Offline PeachlandJoe

• Kudos: 11
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2016, 07:04:46 PM »
Well then why isn't Peachland Joe a member, he's obviously on acid!!  <-hypnotized->
And I slide down lot's of stuff naked while highly fermented, and I'm not invited to your silly little immature sissy PPT thingy?
Joe you can join my new,  really fun, super duper secret thread. We call ourselves the "Non-PPT Live's Matter Club".
Too funny!! Considering that I have had 2 lightning strikes in camp today, your post was just what I needed to raise the humour around here. Cheers!

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 146
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2016, 07:13:45 PM »
Hey.Gord Joe is self explanetary.You joined the forum accept what it is.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline gordmanca

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2016, 08:49:06 PM »
Hey.Gord Joe is self explanetary.You joined the forum accept what it is.Luck Mcbain.

Ok, I'll accept your probably illegal "we hate Gordo" cult, but only because you work hard, and right now  you are on vacation!  <-good_> {-applause-}
You have 2 glorious weeks of the 3D's (Dig, dine and drink). Enjoy my friend.
Self made Bullionaire.

Offline XT18000

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 24
  • Better prospecting through chemistry
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2016, 04:52:23 AM »
Sense we are "beating on the dog" I might as well join in, the PPT board was set up due to the fact we have a large number of guests that hang out here and a large number of beginners also, it serves to restrict certain process's and or methods that truly do have a clear and present danger to anyone using
them. Members posts are screened in a relaxed way by the administrators of this site to get an idea of the general knowledge and attitude of the members, those that display what is accepted as common sense, knowledge of process's used in mining, legal aspects we all have to live under, and other
things they look for, all go into the process of who is invited, I have no part of any of this process, I did not request to be a PPT member, it was bestowed
upon me as was all the others on it. I have no problem keeping some members off that board and all guests for sure. There are peoples that will do anything to cause great harm and grief to miners anywhere and any how they can, and we as a group must be careful not to supply them with any information what would further there actions. These comments are mine and mine alone, if you agree with them, fine , if you disagree with them that's
fine also, everyone is entitled to there opinion and this is mine, if you wish to be on the member list of the PPT board , show that you should be there, and
you most likely will be same as the rest of us that are. Comments or question are welcome but be for warned, if you are only interested in negative
input, don't bother.

Offline gordmanca

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2016, 06:41:34 AM »
That's a good way to explain it XT, thanks.
The dangerous process's should be left to the experienced and safe miners.
BUT, that being said, us rookie miner's have waaay to much fun teasing you PPT relics, so you'll just have to go to Walmart and use your "sense of humour" coupon to buy a laugh or two!
And to be honest, when I read the word's "acid" or "mercury" in a thread, I immediately click the back button and go and read other interesting thread's. I'd like to find gold, but I am not DIEING to find gold, so those topic's are just a waste of time for me.
I am glad we discussed this though. Inhaling oxides and sulphides explains a lot about the crazy cast of characters on this site.  lol!!!@*
Self made Bullionaire.

Offline u3o8

• Province/State: Chilliwack, BC
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2016, 03:55:57 PM »
I'm a little late to the conversation but that was a good explanation from XT18000.

So good in fact even I could understand it. LOL

Offline talltwin

• Province/State: California
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2017, 12:59:28 PM »
When on the regular page showing all the various posts and Boards (not seen from within this message page when typing content), scroll up above to find the Private Prospecdting Talk board - 4th one down following 'Field Trip Sharing'.  Now having made several posts, it should be viewable for you.