collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 170 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13020
  • stats Total Posts: 131082
  • stats Total Topics: 18333
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: slocan valley gemstones  (Read 9581 times)

blucorundum

slocan valley gemstones
« on: June 14, 2013, 06:27:23 PM »
came across this site on the web and noticed a lot of interesting info on collecting there. I live here and started the gemstone mining along with my partner in the early 90's. would like to let all know that this area is heavily staked. hardrock is totally gone and the only placer is owned by my partners and myself. make sure you check with MTO on placer as collecting or mining on these claims is not allowed. they are the only 2 placer claims in the valley acquired by application. this area is in a nondesignated zone. You cannot apply for placer rights here now. staying outside of the claims, in the river, you can screen as much as you like. anywhere downstream from slocan park will only result in small pieces. passmore area and up the little slocan is the best place for placer gemstones. going up the main slocan will get you nothing. i have always been open to the public and have done forums, through the slocan valley recreation commission and schools. i also hold numerous hardrock claims here. if you are interested in going to any of the claims please contact me. i have a very unique collection of xls and gemstones from here. looking forward to talking to you. regards blucorundum

Offline Nate75

• Kudos: 0
Re: slocan valley gemstones
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 09:29:36 PM »
Thanks for the info. I've been planning a road trip this summer and researching areas for Opals and sapphires , gemstones etc . I also work at a mine in the NWT but live on Vancouver island. So, what do you offer for rock hound tourism to your claims?
Thanks again for the info
Nate
[email protected]

blucorundum

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 09:39:31 PM »
hardrock: japan twins, garnets and epidote, amys, quartz xls clear and smokey,rose quartz,later on aquas. placer: garnets of 5 different shades, corundums, titanites and a few not yet id.

Offline Nate75

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 09:11:55 PM »
OK, I am interested in Visiting your claims if possible, this summer, do you have a fee, schedule etc ?
Thanks
Nathan

Offline guttersharkk

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 07:04:04 PM »
Hi Blue. I've been considering going to slocan for quite a while now, but was put off by alot of it being staked... Which leads me to wonder if you are open to having someone on your claim for a day? I'm by no means an expert, just starting out =]. thanks!  <_miner_>

blucorundum

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 07:20:33 PM »
pm. about date and time. have had members out last year. open for more.

Offline guttersharkk

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 09:55:06 PM »
sent you a msg  :)

Offline humancrasher

• New user
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 08:53:55 PM »
Hi blu ! i live in rossland and would like to check out Slocan valley for gemstones, i am an new to this area.
any chance i could take a look at your area ?

Offline SirRoxalot

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 05:09:21 PM »
Some interesting finds! Do you have any new pictures, especially of good crystals or cut stones?

Offline Tythenewbie

• New user
  • Province/State: BC
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 07:52:42 AM »
Hey! Was just cruising through some of these posts.. Myself and a friend were looking to come adventure up in passmore for the next couple days and campp and look for rocks/gems.. any suggestions? We are new and based on a bit of looking around it looked like there were some decent options up there. please let me know. we are looking to head out today. We are from Vancouver and really are up for any location that gets us out in the wilderness and on hunt for some beautiful stones and such. Thank you