collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

mcbain

Dot Guests: 169 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12977
  • stats Total Posts: 130229
  • stats Total Topics: 18220
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Concentrate Help  (Read 2545 times)

Offline CombatVet80

• Kudos: 0
Concentrate Help
« on: April 09, 2013, 12:31:02 AM »
I'm looking into a concentrator for when I have more material to run through it.  Is there anybody out there that has experience in using multiple setups and can give me a breakdown of what is easier to use but is still efficient?

Offline ebuyc

• Weekend Prospector
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Spokane Valley, WA ; USA
  • Kudos: 54
  • 12 yrs of union-demolition, show me the bedrock!
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Concentrate Help
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 05:59:09 AM »
What do you want to concentrate?
Bank run sticky clay ridden material or washed gravels from a stream? Or something else?

I would say one of the drop riffle high bakers would be a good start for stage 1 concentrates.

Then from there a pan is the best thing to use for most people. Separate the cons from the HB to minus 20 mesh and plus 20 mesh, pan the +20s.
For the minus 20s a simple gutter sluice with V-rib matting is a cheap way to start.

There are several options when it comes to a clean up sluice to get a super concentrate...

Then for the super concentrates under 20 mesh, a Miller table will work nicely. Hobby self healing mats work great for a DIY table.

Check my profile for the equipment I can comment on if you have more specific questions.

My 2 bits...

Did someone say       

Offline jayjayccr

• Kudos: 3
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 06:49:34 AM »
Hi Ebuy,  you mentioned panning the +20 mesh and then you said to use a Miller table and/or a gutter sluice for -20 mesh.

Is -20 mesh small enough to use on a miller table?  When using a Miller table, do you classify to 30, 50 and 100 mesh? 

I am surprised you didn't mention the Gold Cube.  Have you tested the cube with unsatisfactory results?  What is the process you use to get the gold? (i.e. Highbanker, then cube, then miller etc...)

If anyone would like to contribute to the above with answers, please feel free to do so!  I would appreciate a breakdown and classifications used throughout the process and end up with clean gold.

Thanks!

Offline Former Guest

• New user
  • Kudos: 24
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 07:20:21 AM »
Yes this is now my area, after a day sluicing I will clean up the mats and letrap. Now screen down to -20 mesh and over my separator <many units out there gold cube, miller table etc.> Each unit requires different mesh size. This is how I recover the -20 mesh, now the +20 mesh size is gold panned or can run across a cal bucket sluice. Which I have just ordered from Freds, to reduce down further. For sluicing I shovel into mine which dumps into a letrap which then dumps into another letrap. This gives me 3/4 of a 5 gallon pail of cons to process each time out. I will be testing the cal bucket sluice as soon as it arrives here. I just got a 3000 gph pump for downstairs testing <-good_>

Offline ebuyc

• Weekend Prospector
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Spokane Valley, WA ; USA
  • Kudos: 54
  • 12 yrs of union-demolition, show me the bedrock!
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 08:15:03 AM »
Hi Ebuy,  you mentioned panning the +20 mesh and then you said to use a Miller table and/or a gutter sluice for -20 mesh.

Is -20 mesh small enough to use on a miller table?  When using a Miller table, do you classify to 30, 50 and 100 mesh? 

I am surprised you didn't mention the Gold Cube.  Have you tested the cube with unsatisfactory results?  What is the process you use to get the gold? (i.e. Highbanker, then cube, then miller etc...)

If anyone would like to contribute to the above with answers, please feel free to do so!  I would appreciate a breakdown and classifications used throughout the process and end up with clean gold.

Thanks!

20 mesh runs fine on a miller table. I usually run the minus 20 mesh one pass before running it through a 30 or 50 mesh screen. I rarely use a 100 mesh screen though.

I didn't mention the gold cube because it is only for minus 8 mesh and costs $400... I think people should buy that when it is justifiable; when it can truly speed up their concentrating.

I also didn't mention a fluid bed like the quicksand concentrator from gotnuggets/rcm enterprises... excellent concentrator...

Check my profile for the equipment I use and why is what I recommend...

Did someone say       

Gear Pan
Gold Rat