collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

oilfieldsafetyjohnedoe1829digger

Dot Guests: 157 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12554
  • stats Total Posts: 124646
  • stats Total Topics: 17239
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Detecting for GOLD NUGGETS  (Read 9620 times)

GRUBSTAKE

Detecting for GOLD NUGGETS
« on: November 13, 2006, 01:48:37 PM »
Well lets talk about detecting for gold nugget, I have been lucky and have found many, and continue to do so. First let me say, I have been detecting for about 20 years now, started off as a coin hunter, then went to beach and jewlery hunting, I got a Tessoro Lobo ST and was useing it manly for coins, one day I was in an old mining camp site and since I did not get any coins that day, I switched to the gold hunting all metal mode. Boy I'm glad I did. Within 10 minutes of doing that I found my first two nuggets, a 7.6 DWT and a #.2 DWT. Thats how I got started gold hunting with a detector and have given up all the other types of hunting. I don't know, its just something special about finding nuggets with a detector, not everyone can stick with long enough to be good at it. #1. You have to learn to dig junk, lots and lots of it. I Have one of the best gold detectors you can buy, a minelab, Mine is a 12 year old 2200sd, since then they have made improvemets and have made 4 different models based on the same detector. But if I get over gold I get it. I have found pounds since. Nugget hunting is the love of my life, it keep me going after having 5 heart attacks and 6 stents put in my heart. If you have questions, about gold detecting ask, I'll try my best to give you an answer. Thanks Grubstake

Heres a link for an article I did back in 2002. http://www.icmj.com   Click on back issues, featured article for June of 2002.

Offline Rich

• New user
  • Province/State: Rocky Mountain House, AB Canada
  • Kudos: 0
    • Rich's Locator Services
GOLD NUGGETS
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 05:13:42 PM »
You can expect an email frm me anytime in the New Year... unless you want to contact me first!  It's richslocators@shaw.ca   and altho a dealer, can learn a lot... after 35 years I am still learning, too! Trying the GP 30000 again!   thanks for the info!...best...Rich  403 845-3718
www.richs.ca

Offline Goldfever69

Re: Detecting for GOLD NUGGETS
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 02:07:42 PM »
Hi

What are your veiws on dowsing?

Ryan

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 47
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 01:14:01 AM »
Interesdting topic Grubstake, one which catches interest with most all.

Ryan.... per your question, "What are your veiws on dowsing?"... In reply, personally, I have known about dowsing for more years than I care to remember, but primarily for locating water.  However, during this past weekend, I have had opportunity to see the real thing in action for locating gold.... and it works without question.  Strangely though, I was invited to check out the same material and No Go.... but when touched by this individual, the rods failed not in doing their work.  And don't I wish I were among the select few who are capable of this.  The person I speak of is also a member on this forum, so I will ask when in contact with him again, if he'd care to elaborate.

Any others, with such talents ?  Or views ?

Larry
Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Offline BigAl

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 12:41:39 PM »
Dowsing??Now that fits into the paranormal category of hit and miss and 50-50 phenomena

I got the same rod tool and its only good on full moon days when gravity is highest in some areas

:)

try psychic projections

::)

Offline Stox

• New user
Green horn
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 07:02:14 PM »
I am inquiring about these claims for sale. I know nothing about gold mining, but am serious about starting. Do I need any special type of permit to purchase a claim? If I were to purchase one is it mine till I want to sell?
What is the likelihood of retrieving any gold? And if I do indeed retrieve any is it all mine?
If I purchase a claim do I have to mine it?
Thank you for your time

???Tyler Stockklausner. ???

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Larry
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 02:13:17 AM »
Hi Tyler....

Thanks for your interest.... have sent you a PM with my home contact so we can discuss your interests, live-time.

Larry

Offline jim

• New user
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 06:49:55 PM »
Hi Larry. I'm new to the forum and i'm enjoying it very much. I also have the very same questions as Stox so any information you could give me would be great. Thank you. Jim 

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Larry
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 07:48:50 AM »
Hi Jim.... and welcome to the Forum.

In that one or two questions unequivocally leads to many, best you either give me a call or drop your phone number my way so I can provide you with details about that which you ask.  My number is (604) 869-5511 or send an email to larryatgpex.ca.... using the appropriate "at" symbol, of course.

Larry

Offline Hunter

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 08:04:07 PM »
Hey Grubstake are you still around.  I am planing some metal detector work up near Quesnel Forks in 2008.  Are you still active and do you still use the Lobo?