collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 167 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12991
  • stats Total Posts: 130634
  • stats Total Topics: 18282
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Bucket highbanker with hydraulic/fluidized bed riffles  (Read 15761 times)

Offline NickMarch

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 7
Re: Bucket highbanker with hydraulic/fluidized bed riffles
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 07:43:24 AM »

I rarely use it except to sample but it works great!  I use the same concept with a cone bottom tank and a pump.  Try it!  I'd put it up against anything out there to get concentrates. 

Nothing 200 mesh or larger leaves the tank.  It retains a lot of -200 but some of the -200 will be lost.  It get all the gold that runs off of sluices, highbankers and dredges. 

It's really the same concept as a blue bowl but runs a whole lot faster and can process materials faster than you can shovel.  Actually with some help you can shovel and dredge into the tank at the same time. 

Vikingsniper

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 07:12:02 PM »
That is a really  {cool^sign} idea for sure  <-idea-> Thanks for Sharing astrobouncer  <-good_>

Offline astrobouncer

• Province/State: Greenville South Carolina
  • Kudos: 13
  • If your back aint sore, you didnt move enough dirt
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 10:18:23 AM »
I finally got around to testing this some more, and it was just not meant to be that day. Despite the many problems I still managed to get some gold for the short time it ran, and it worked great. I had a good exchange rate of the lighter tailings.

Testing Fluid Bed Bucket Highbanker + Gold Recovered
      - YouTube

This trip was a recipe in disasters of my own making and the weather was bad that day (raining hard). I topped off the water pump's gas tank before going so I would not have to fill it at the creek. But I had a couple accidents wheeling the high banker on the way in on the wet leaves (and steep hills) and tipped the pump over twice (not near the creek!). Once I got to the creek, I ran it for roughly 10 shovel fulls and it cut off. Not knowing it was out of gas since I had topped it off (you can hear it about to run out towards the end) I figured something had plugged up my intake hose since I was testing a new filter I made so I took that hose off. Seeing that wasn't the problem I checked the tank and realized the two near spills of the pump down those two hills earlier must have lost the fuel. So I hiked back to the road to get my small 1 gallon gas can out of the car (15 minute hike one way). Coming back, it was raining pretty hard and I thought I had the pump intake hose on correctly so I started screwing it in. Being a stiff hose, It turned funny and cross threaded, messing up the main seal to the highbanker. I sighed and gave up and went and got my other highbanker which luckily I had put in the trunk to test too. Despite all that, this thing did pretty well and caught some flour gold. I plan to sit it inside a cement mortar tube next time I run it so I can pan the tailings.  

I have the top water flow turned way down so the bottom chamber remains fluidized. However, as you can see, I still could use some more water up top to wash the rocks off. Its a fine line with a fluid bed to keep them fluid, especially when you are dealing with 4 mesh gangue. Its a lot easier to fluidize 8 mesh and smaller but since the grizzly is different on this one, I would never see the oversize gold like on the bazooka grizzly.  

Anyway, more testing coming soon. I think it worked great, in the short time it was running.

Offline indyme2

• Kudos: 2
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 05:11:26 PM »
Looking good, Astro!

Offline GoldPoor

• Kudos: 2
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2013, 11:52:06 AM »
So what was thr runs like during the past season Astro?  Is there anymore vids?

I am attempting to build one but in a square bucket.  I have a 1000gph bilge pump and I will use 1/2 pvc pipe.  With the other ideas on the thread I will put a slick plate under the screening but on an opposite angle and only one overflow exit on the same side as the  screen.

When I get it done I will post.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat