collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Slatco

Dot Guests: 167 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12990
  • stats Total Posts: 130592
  • stats Total Topics: 18276
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Home made letrap frames  (Read 7314 times)

Offline Former Guest

• New user
  • Kudos: 24
Home made letrap frames
« on: February 01, 2013, 10:04:22 PM »
Decided to make my own frames so i did here there are being made
frame for letrap 004.JPG
frame for letrap 002.JPG
frame for letrap 002.JPG

Offline Former Guest

• New user
Re: Home made letrap frames
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 10:11:50 PM »
I will post pics when finished still working on it cheers cost 30 bucks to build  <-yes_>

Offline Geo2

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: KH- Sudan
  • Kudos: 4
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 07:33:54 AM »
Oh ya, nice build  {cool^sign} I wonder if it can handle a 5ft long 6inch wide "Popandson" kind of a sluice? but for Letrap it looks good on it. Keep up the winter projects.

Offline Former Guest

• New user
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 11:57:14 AM »
All finished now

Offline ebuyc

• Weekend Prospector
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Spokane Valley, WA ; USA
  • Kudos: 54
  • 12 yrs of union-demolition, show me the bedrock!
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 12:44:36 PM »
Good job putting it all together, the frame will be the same color as the Le trap in a year or Two ;)

Ray how do you adjust the height?

How much did you spend on copper? I know steel is cheaper, I spent $50 at Haskins and built 10 frames with it... I welded up Shortbus's Le Trap / G2 hopper combo frame two days ago.... Shortbus cut his Le trap to about 3' though...

Ray if you want a steel frame with adjustable height legs for one of your Le Traps let me know.... I have them zinc plated with a yellow chromate finish (gold with an iridescent reflection)

I was a plumber once upon a time and almost everything is poly pipe with compression fittings these days... copper costs too much now!

Did someone say       

Offline Former Guest

• New user
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 12:56:45 PM »
Had the copper pipe in the garage from few other projects so really cost about 20 bucks 10 for the new cutter lol its per set at 8 inch drop and adjust from there Sick needed a small project to do and had the pipe already

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Ontario, but also prospect in BC
  • Kudos: 39
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 07:03:09 AM »
Ray if you want a steel frame with adjustable height legs for one of your Le Traps let me know.... I have them zinc plated with a yellow chromate finish (gold with an iridescent reflection)

I was about to build a frame for my Letrap out of wood.  EBAYC, if you are selling frames, I would be interested in buying one.  It would save me the effort of construction and probably be nicer than what I had in mind.  I may be operating my highbanker this summer right next to Ray, so I would hate to have his looking so much better than mine.  LOL
See my YouTube channel for fun amateur video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnz8kX6AZOeZbRt0F9XqVJA

Offline Former Guest

• New user
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 07:23:19 AM »
Yes that would never do but i made mine so i know it like everything i build. I make things to suit my needs only, i need another one also so more building this week. Thanks ebuyc for the offer but i got all the tools here i need. Got more copper pipe in the garage from reno on my house for mom to live there. I buy things when on sale for a good price, never know when you will need it  <-yes_> I can build anything here to suit my needs, old farm boy here. We managed apts also so plumbing a breeze for me. Once its glued together should be very strong, or solid. I can raise it up 2 inches from 8 inches to 6 inches from what i have read on here thats the perfect adjustment for it 6 to 8 inches. So also will not know till i work it the spring  ;D

Offline ebuyc

• Weekend Prospector
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Spokane Valley, WA ; USA
  • Kudos: 54
  • 12 yrs of union-demolition, show me the bedrock!
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 07:55:04 AM »
I was about to build a frame for my Letrap out of wood.  EBAYC, if you are selling frames, I would be interested in buying one.  It would save me the effort of construction and probably be nicer than what I had in mind.  I may be operating my highbanker this summer right next to Ray, so I would hate to have his looking so much better than mine.  LOL

First of all, thanks Ray for letting me highjack your cool build thread...

You know I never really set out to sell frames, but I have been building a lot of them... Everyone that has received one of my frames loves them and I do make them better then some of the 'commercial' frames I have purchased in the past...

The zinc plating continues to protect the steel even if the plating is damaged, the zinc acts like the sacrificial anode in a hot water tank. My good friend (aviation machinist) was over here yesterday and told me he could build frames for me out of aluminum too. I asked him about the welding of aluminum and how some people claim the weld areas are weaker. His response: that is true of any metal and it comes down to tempering the surrounding area for best strength.

Sooo.. I will be able to build some aluminum frames soon too! It costs $65 to zinc plate a 'pallet' of steel frames (less then half a dozen usually) so the added cost of the aluminum material will be somewhat offset. Of course my buddy offerred because he loves fabricating things and is a good friend, but I will have to pay him something too..

So yes I could probably make a few frames for people that need them, shipping to Canada will be up to the receiver though. I will be going to BC in May I am thinking, I could possibly use that opportunity somehow to get a frame delivered perhaps.

I have a couple Bazooka Prospector frames with a new design over my previous. (I never plated the prototype, as I knew it would change)

I have some pictures of the last frames I made before plating, I will dig them up.

Sunshine just PM me with what you want and I can build it (you want a HB unit so you will need a cross bar to support the hopper and some way to attach it at the base.)
I am worried about the cost of getting it to you though...

Did someone say       

Offline Former Guest

• New user
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 08:11:18 AM »
No problem there not selling any just my own build cheers anyone want one see ebuyc for one. <-yes_>

Gear Pan
Gold Rat