collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Woodspirit

Dot Guests: 169 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13047
  • stats Total Posts: 131587
  • stats Total Topics: 18398
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: NEW CONTEST (DIRTHOGG PAYDIRT) Coming  (Read 10261 times)

Offline DirtHogg

• CGPF Sponsor
  • Kudos: 26
    • DirtHogg Paydirt
NEW CONTEST (DIRTHOGG PAYDIRT) Coming
« on: December 30, 2012, 11:18:04 AM »
Anew contest is being finalized .Check the Forum often for the update.DIRTHOGG PAY DIRT PRIZE!

Offline Former Guest

• New user
  • Kudos: 24
Re: NEW CONTEST (DIRTHOGG PAYDIRT) Coming
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 12:55:53 PM »
oh no to soon lol <~ShOcK~>

Offline gollum

• Province/State: North central Minnesota
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 05:43:14 AM »
OK, I give up. We have so many winners here that my browser can't keep up with the postings and replys. I can only bring up the last ten pages of recent listings. Because I do not want to miss anything I am forced to log on several times each day. I am running out of day. LOL
I am going to have to hire someone to read all the posts and report the highlites.
My curiosity is up though and I hope to catch the announcement and details early this time.
Happy New Year to all and know that I consider all of the forum members "Winners".  Bill

Offline Chevyman_76

• Province/State: Born in Cold Lake Alberta
  • Kudos: 2
  • Sometimes silly ideas like mine need correcting
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 10:01:52 AM »
Just a quick question, not intended to offend anyone though. Is there going to be like a cap per post or something? Seems there is a lot of people (writters with E-copies of their books) that can copy and paste into a single post which gives them an unfair advantage. Those of us that try to be as active as possible on the forum can't possibly keep up with those who do this. We try to learn from everyone an contribute like everyone else but would still like a chance to be in the running for these great prizes out sponsores contribute to. Sorry for my forwardness on the topic but I felt in needed to be adressed.

Sincerily
Chevyman_76

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Calgary
  • Kudos: 25
  • '84 CJ7 owned since '85
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 12:07:28 PM »
I think we all just have to sit kinda tight. Nobody has even defined the rules yet. Maybe it will be number of pushups with a 50lb bucket of concentrates tied to you back.  <-thinking->
Wood Pecker by Trade but wouldn't trade my wood pecker.
Prospecting....I dig it.

Offline ebuyc

• Weekend Prospector
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Spokane Valley, WA ; USA
  • Kudos: 54
  • 12 yrs of union-demolition, show me the bedrock!
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 12:22:15 PM »
I think we all just have to sit kinda tight. Nobody has even defined the rules yet. Maybe it will be number of pushups with a 50lb bucket of concentrates tied to you back.  <-thinking->

lol!!!@*  lol!!!@*
You can count me in on that contest... had a bicep tendon repair 1.5 years ago so that is my handicap... 1 1/2 good arms to push with haha

chevyman_76 seems like you got more upset then anyone? I think Ray was more trying to brag cuz he made me work so hard ;)
* jokingly says* Besides I thought you were too busy having fun with that young girlfriend you were bragging about...  ;D
Seriously though, good luck to all who enter the next Dirthogg contest!

The hard thing about text communications is emotions can easily and unintentionally be assumed by poor sentences...
Related: Short and too the point is a critical concept in business writings, especially to those business with a different nationality...

I thought once you won a forum contest you couldn't compete again in another contest? (probably would only apply to 1st place winners)
Not sure what got that in my head, can't find any mention of that rule...
Did someone say       

Offline Former Guest

• New user
  • Kudos: 24
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 12:49:47 PM »
If ebuyc is in count me in also but will not win, did that already but love to take part in any and all compitions and give 100% as i always do. Maybe its who can ? Sure either way it will be fun for those that enter to win ;D

Offline idled

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: edmonton alberta
  • Kudos: 10
  • Duane
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 02:49:46 PM »
I'm thinking if it was pushups, 98% of the forum is handicap.

Offline overtheedge

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 36
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 06:40:53 PM »
idled might be right or might be wrong. I'm pushing 62YO and I might, I say again "might", be good for 25 push-ups under those conditions. Warmed up to -1C (29F for the Celsius challenged) so I rode the mountain bike 5km to buy some gas for the chainsaw mix. Stopped on the way home and visited a couple lady-friends and had 3 brews, then rode back home after watching some Abbot and Costello movies. After seeing the other boys at the VA clinic, well count me in.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Time will tell if I'm tough, but until then I ain't agonna admit otherwise.

I do have a suggestion for the scoring/evaluation process. Each post getting a thumbs up scores a point. To get a thumbs up equates to the reader feels the post really contributed to the body of knowledge. There is no thumbs down. Just like kudos.

Admittedly, I've been a bit stingy about kudos. I evaluate my performance regularly and determined that on this forum, I have been scoring kudo-ness on how much the posting adds to "my" body of knowledge.

So new years resolution is I will kudo you if I see that you have reinforced the knowledge base for those who still lack trust in the science behind this grand adventure that only we are brave enough to face.
------------------------
New years is not capitalized due to the whole thing being artificial. New years commonly started either on winter solstice (days getting longer) or spring equinox (let's plant something, woo-hoo) until advertisers messed with it.

Things may be tough, but I am really jazzed about this coming season. In the words of Tim "the toolman" Taylor in Galaxy Quest, "Never give up, never surrender."

Or for the more philosophical, supposedly there is an old Objibway Indian saying. "Yesterday is ashes, tomorrow wood, only today does the fire burn brightly."
--------------------
Don't take things so seriously. In the end, we all are gonna feed she who fed us.

So what about it? Adds or reinforces the body of knowledge gets a thumbs up. What'da yah think?

Some might suggest that certain members have a substantial advantage based upon experience and/or training. As others have pointed out, there is that cut and paste issue. I bought Tom's book several years ago. It was cheap then for the content. What matters more? Content you can have a measure of trust in or word count?

Merry and stupendous new year. Get out and have some fun cause this don't last forever.
eric
eric

Offline Former Guest 2

• Province/State: Viking
  • Kudos: 6
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 07:20:45 AM »
Ya never know I mite just be in this one and show a woman can do it too lol Happy new year to all and best of luck <-yes_>